HVAC Module Firmware - 2013 F150

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
kastanza
Vehicle: Tonka Truk

HVAC Module Firmware - 2013 F150

Post by kastanza » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:32 am

Hello, I am trying to add OEM heated seats (heated seat pads) to my 2013 F150 XLT, and after looking into the wiring diagrams, the HVAC module is what is responsible for this functionality. I've wired the passenger side completely and am trying to get the heated seats to toggle on by using the Sync 3 display (no physical buttons), but am not able to get them to work. Using my stock HVAC module/stock firmware, the heated seats buttons are not functional at all.

I decided to try and purchase an HVAC module that is listed to work with the OEM heated seats, and when I installed the module and configured AsBuilt, my blower runs at full speed and I have no control of the HVAC system at all (the system does not respond to button presses/on off, etc.), indicating to me that the HVAC system is in some sort of "fault" mode with the other module and firmware. After this, I took apart both HVAC modules and they are the exact same chip/board. Hooking the new HVAC module up, I flashed the firmware to match my stock module, and the HVAC works exactly as it should, but no heated seats. This tells me that the HVAC module hardware is exactly the same, but the firmware is different depending on the truck it goes into.

After researching, the OEM heated seats appear to only have been an option on trucks that have the dual zone climate control (FX4 and above), while my XLT is only single zone. I am guessing this has something to do with the issue, but I am trying to figure out a way around that, potentially via the module firmware that I am using, or AsBuilt.

Here are the firmware levels of each HVAC module:
HVAC_Firmware.JPG
HVAC_Firmware.JPG (51.98 KiB) Viewed 108 times
Is there any chance that a combination of these files would allow the heated seats to function, while keeping my single zone HVAC functions working, or should I potentially look for other areas of the system to investigate?