2016 Ford Taurus PI

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
jgordon1
Vehicle: 2016 Ford Taurus PI

2016 Ford Taurus PI

Post by jgordon1 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:58 am

Hello, I have been searching this forum and researching Forscan for quite some time now. I finally purchased an adapter and joined this forum family. I am very impressed with the program and thank all those involved with its creation and maintenance. I have successfully made all changes I want but one. Does anyone have experience or information to help me disable the door ajar/ignition chime when the key is in and the car is off. I have been reading across the forums and internet without luck. I have found some information on this with a 2018 F150. I searched in my as built and the numbers arent the same so I struck out.

*Anyone with other information and/or changes that I may not be aware of feel free to educate me.

Thank you for your time.!

jgordon1
Vehicle: 2016 Ford Taurus PI

Re: 2016 Ford Taurus PI

Post by jgordon1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:01 am

Bump. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks you all!

dnewton3
Vehicle: F250, 6.2L 385hp, 2018

Re: 2016 Ford Taurus PI

Post by dnewton3 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:59 am

I have read on another forum that the basic module gateway structure for the Taurus is an older version, and the typical mods in the IPC and BdyCM from other common vehicles won't apply to the Taurus. I, too, want to get rid of the "door ajar" and "doo-doo-doo" key chimes; no luck so far. All the code modification I've tried so far has failed. The only successful thing I've been able to modify is the t/s blinker count (from 3 to 5) in the SCCM.

I'm not a "computer guy", so I cannot explain why there's no continuity between the Taurus and other vehicle platform modules. I just have relented to accepting the fact that what I want isn't likely to be discovered because it's probably not easily changed with ForScan.

I have read that the IPC in the Taurus has an internal speaker and that's where the chimes for the door-ajar and key-in sounds come from. I suppose if one were motivated enough, you could pull the IPC out and see if there's an easy way to manually disable the internal speaker in the cluster set. Perhaps cracking it open might reveal a small audio speaker that could just be "unplugged"? As my 2018 is under factory warranty, I'm not going to risk pulling the IPC apart on a whim. But if your 2016 is out of it's 3/36 warranty (depending upon in-service date), you might consider trying to manually disable the chime speaker by disconnecting the hardware? However, doing so may also mean that ANY chime would now be gone ... headlights on, trunk open, etc?????? I don't know what all is routed through the IPC speaker.