How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Share your FORScan experience with other users
f-wolf
Vehicle: Ford XR6 Turbo BA MK II 6 Speed Manual

Re: How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Post by f-wolf » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:01 am

Re, It mentions an mscan adaper, does this simply mean the
ELM327 USB V1.5 modified that i have ordered or something else please ?

The ELM327 USB V1.5 modified (Switch )will let you see / use both HS and MS

Also have a look here...

I know its NOT Forscan...but it may be of some help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0isbVUAscjk

adrianhaslett
Vehicle: Mondeo,2.0TDCI,2009

Post by adrianhaslett » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:23 am

Thank you f-wolf.

So i have the correct adapter and the correct software, at least for the Mondeo :), don't believe the S-Max 2017 is covered yet, but i will certainly have a play when my adapter arrives.

Is their any documentation available on the Key less programming which i believe requires more than pats.

This thread shows removing all keys and then adding them both back, i am more interested in adding an additional key and that key being a used key, is that viable ?.

It looks like the software is getting regular updates, so fingers crossed for the newer S-Max :)

garciam0191
Vehicle: 2016 Ford Focus RS

Post by garciam0191 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:11 pm

I have a 2016 Focus RS that I would like to add a 3rd key but i'm not sure if this is possible or not.

I have the two original fobs that have both the passive and active chip as well as the keyless entry buttons. the key I want to program is a regular SA key which only has the passive chip.

My questions are the following:
has anyone added a key sucessfully to a push to start vehicle?
Is the only way to "add" a key is by deleting all keys and then going through the programming again on all available keys?
if so how does it handle the active chip?

I currently have the ELM327 which has the switch giving it the ability to do MS/HS and FORScan 2.3.13 beta with the extended license.

Billsr
Vehicle: F150, 5.0l, 2013

Post by Billsr » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:20 pm

I have 2 keys with the 3 buttons. One key worked perfectly, but the other would do nothing. Today I decided to try and program the key. Opened Forscan, went to PATS section, program key,and followed the instructions. Worked perfectly and now both keys work as they should. thanks to all for the instructions.

Slawo161
Vehicle: Ford Kuga 2011 tdci czerny

Post by Slawo161 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:26 pm

Witam. Wszystko pięknie ładnie jednak ja nie mam opcji PATS . Auto Ford Transit 2015 rok :(

rianbooyer
Vehicle: 2012 ford edge

Post by rianbooyer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:13 pm

:D Confirmed working with a 2012 ford edge.

Keys were from Amazon but the pair ran about 40 bucks with shipping.
Keys dtc's were B10D7:51-08
after the car went through the timing process i inserted one key and the door locks flipped back and forth and it was programmed. The other i used the factory programming (insert two keys, etc) for. One thing to note is it DID NOT PROGRAM THE REMOTE FOR THE DOORS!!! this had to be done manually but i knew this ahead of time according to the sticker on the keys.
to program the remotes you have to get in, open the driver door hit the unlock button then insert one programmed key into the ignition. Then you have to move it from off to run 8 times in 8 seconds ENDING IN RUN so make sure to count and at 8 the door locks should lock then unlock and you should be in the programming mode. Just hold down on one of the buttons on the key in the ignition for a few seconds and you will get an alert then move to the next rinse repeat.

Way to go FORScan !!!!!

okusare
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo MK3 1.8 125ps 2001

Scared of erasing keys and reprogram

Post by okusare » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:30 pm

Hello, need some advice for the erase known keys function.

I had two OEM keys but lost one so I bought a china replacement from ebay and programmed it succesfully as a third key (Thank you Forscan!!!)

Now I have three known keys showing up in forscan but only two physically. I want to erase and reprogram my two keys but one is OEM and the other chinese, although working perfectly I've read you need two OEM keys to reprogram succesfully.
mustnged wrote:problem solved. just got back from the ford dealer. Paid them to get a new key made. The ebay ones do not work as the first two needed. The ebay ones only work after two oem keys exist. You need a Strattech brand key. It doesn't matter if they are S (40 bit) or SA (80 bit). Just as long as the brand is Strattech.
Should I take the risk and erase/reprogram? And can you reprogram a transponder infinite times?

Thank you in advance.

moses55
Vehicle: fiesta tdci 1.6 2006

Post by moses55 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:54 pm

hope im posting in correct forum,,please could someone advise me on what i need to do....i have a fiesta 1.6 tdci 2006..battery went flat now getting p1259 also immo code 23. i have original keys one with the buttons one without,
the one without buttons have deffinatly lost sync as i get rapid flashing from immo light when i try it.( been in cupboard for two years)
the one with buttons gives me the 23 code.
niether will crank the car.

do i need to sync buttonless key first so that i have two keys?

do i need to sync both keys?

do i need to do innitialisation first?

please could someone advise on which order i should do this to sort my problem,,thanks ever so much. :D

maly_13
Vehicle: maza 3 2008

Post by maly_13 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:37 pm

inicjalizacja modułu niestety błąd
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NQFzw ... pHO2Xi4wx6
czy znane są te błędy ?
Mazda 3 1.6 2007r.
kluczyki mogę zakodować i wyczyścić bez problemu.

Google translator
module initialization unfortunately error
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NQFzw ... pHO2Xi4wx6
are these errors known?
Mazda 3 1.6 2007

Artjom22
Vehicle: Ford Explorer 2011 3.5 N/A

Post by Artjom22 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Hi,

I have the following issue with my Ford Explorer 2011 XLT

I've bought this key from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0184 ... UTF8&psc=1

and I have only one old key so I'm forced to use Forscan to program the keys.

However, when I do PATS programming, the key buttons do not work. I can unlock the car with the new key and start it. But buttons do not work :(

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Artjom