How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Share your FORScan experience with other users
FORSCAN_DDD
Vehicle: 2000 ranger

Re: How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Post by FORSCAN_DDD » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:30 pm

On my 2000 Ford Ranger with only 1 key I was able to program a second key following these procedures although FORScan always told me that it was unsuccessful. :D
2014 Mustang GT
2000 Ford Ranger

kosij
Vehicle: ford falcon ba turbo

Post by kosij » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:02 am

Can pats be disabled in a ba bf I need it for a conversion and don’t want to license the ecu with hp

f-wolf
Vehicle: Ford XR6 Turbo BA MK II 6 Speed Manual

Post by f-wolf » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:53 pm

kosij wrote:Can pats be disabled in a ba bf I need it for a conversion and don’t want to license the ecu with hp
This maybe of some help to your problem

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=how+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

NewshockerGuy
Vehicle: 2001 Ford Ranger XLT

Post by NewshockerGuy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:28 pm

I will ask the silly question since I can't seem to figure it out. Why would you NOT use FORScan to generate the key for PATS or using an external website that would generate the key/id? Wouldn't there be less problems using the program?

Thanks,
-Nigel
_________
~NSG~

NewshockerGuy

Post by NewshockerGuy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:41 am

Ok well I wanted to start this tonight but I fear it's too late and my mind isn't in it. So wanted to ask the following questions.

I have a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT. I have two keys. One key has ALWAYS started the truck and works fine. The second key (looks identical, and has the S on the base of the metal part, same as working key) will turn on the truck but not start it. The Security light flashes rapidly for about 10 seconds or so. When I checked FORScan and the PATS menu is says I have two programmed keys I really want to see if I can program the second key but fear that erasing anything as per the instructions is going to make me have to tow my truck to the dealer for programming. My truck says that I have to wait a timed amount so I can not generate the key as per some instructions...which is fine I don't mind waiting but wanted to know if I should proceed tomorrow or is that a bad idea? I WILL note that if I go to start the truck with the KNOWN good key, then take that out and attempt to start with the second key I have nothing starts but then when I put the first good key back in it also won't start the truck and the security light just rapidly flashes. I then have to go and reset PCM adaptions and then the first key works no problem again... not sure what that means since I haven't found a thread on it.

Just looking for a little bit of insight.

Thanks much,
-Nigel
_________
~NSG~

NewshockerGuy

Post by NewshockerGuy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:53 pm

SUCCESS!!

I'm so happy. I was seriously concerned about bricking my truck but all is well. I didn't get my spare key yet but I figured why not, let's try with the two keys. One known good key and the other just blinked and did nothing.

Waited 12 minutes for the timed security to clear, erased both keys, then followed the quick prompt and started with my known good key, then the second key that just flashed security...etc.

Started the truck with both keys!! Thank you for the FORScan program! This is amazing. I didn't have to go to the dealer nor did I get raked over the coals. If there is a donate link/button, please let me know. I would gladly donate on the the fact that your work has helped me! I honestly wish I would have found this years ago..hahah

Thank you again,
-Nigel
_________
~NSG~

silviutuning
Vehicle: focus 1.8 tdci 115ps 2009

Post by silviutuning » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:06 pm

if you have a third key, it was an option to program it?

adrianhaslett
Vehicle: Mondeo,2.0TDCI,2009

Post by adrianhaslett » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:45 pm

Hello

I have a 2009 MK4 Mondeo with keyless start and a 2017 Ford S-Max with keyless entry and start.

The mondeo i have 2 keys for but plan on buying a third as one is badly worn. The kuga i have lost a key so only have 1.

Can FORScan help me in any of these cases ?

I am being sent a second hand S-Max key and not sure if this can be reprogrammed ?.

I was reading that FORScan cannot handle keyless vehicles and also is only usefull if you have 2 master keys and want a third ?

Any help would be gratefull. Using this subject as it seems to align.

Thank you

f-wolf
Vehicle: Ford XR6 Turbo BA MK II 6 Speed Manual

Post by f-wolf » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:55 am

2.3.14 beta, 2018-04-11 (download)

Changes History
+ Added feature

+ Vehicle database update
+ Ability to enter PCM strategy or part number manually if vehicle is not recognized
+ Configuration and Programming function "PCM Vehicle ID block configuration" for certain PCMs
+ Configuration and Programming function "Transmission Characterization Update" for models with 6F, 6R80, 6R140 and HF35 automated transmissions
+ + Service function "Remote Keyless Entry Programming" (passive keys programming for models with keyless entry and start, requires adapter with MS-CAN support)

Check this list to see if your cars are on it:

http://forscan.org/download.html

adrianhaslett
Vehicle: Mondeo,2.0TDCI,2009

Post by adrianhaslett » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:10 am

Excellent.

Can i program a previously used key ?
Do i have to delete all keys to add another or can i just add another ?.

My understanding is these are wireless and pats, if battery runs out, you can stick fob in designed hole and pats will kick in. Does this mean their are multiple steps to program a keyless system and if so, can i have same guidance on what these steps are please.

It mentions an mscan adaper, does this simply mean the
ELM327 USB V1.5 modified that i have ordered or something else please ?

Wonderfull program, waiting until my elmconfig modified arrives and then hopefully this program will save me allot of money. Thank you.