2015-2017 Expedition Remote Start

Any issues related to FORScan application
mquick5
Vehicle: 2017 Ford Expedition Xlt El 3.5l turbo*2006 Roush

2015-2017 Expedition Remote Start

Post by mquick5 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:32 am

I recently enabled the remote start using forscan. I'm looking for info on hvac option's. As of now when truck remote starts, everything is blacked out, but the fan is on high heat defrost. In the summer months will it just automatically change to high vent w/cold air? I looked in the IPC & hvac modules, seen some options, but havn't experimented with them yet. I did try to enable the remote start menu, but it either didn't work or I just couldn't locate it?

Any help is appreciated.

omar302
Vehicle: Ford Edge, Gasoline 2.7L/335hp, 2016

Re: 2015-2017 Expedition Remote Start

Post by omar302 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:07 pm

Usually on remote start, there are only 2 options for the A/C: Last setting or Auto:

On last setting, once the vehicle is started the A/C will be on the last setting it was on before you last turned off the vehicle.

On Auto, the A/C will cool or heat depending on ambient temperature, usually it will heat or cool to 22°C, I am not sure if newer vehicles are still like that, but should be close. From your description, it seems yours is on Auto.

Hint: I had earlier disables the double honk & fog light display and enabled DRLs on a 2015 Expedition, I remember the settings were similar to the 2011-2015 Explorer, so you might benefit from their ForScan sheets.

mquick5

Post by mquick5 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:47 am

omar302 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:07 pm
Usually on remote start, there are only 2 options for the A/C: Last setting or Auto:
Well it cant be last, because even if I have everything set to off, on remote start my fan speed is high & defrost. As far as the auto option, are you saying the truck automatically knows when to defrost heat, and when to blow cold air out the vents? This truck doesn't have auto as a option on the controls, like my 05 Chevy does. I have till spring to worry about it, I'm just wondering if I need any further programming to make it all work right. I would love it if it would work off the last settings, that's how my Chevy is.

twisterrescue
Vehicle: 2003escapeltd

Post by twisterrescue » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:55 am

YOU need to go into the IPCM module .hit configure & programing . a big list will come up .look for REMOTE START related .ITEMS heated seats ect. hit edit DO NOT ENABLE stuff truck does not have ! ( heated seats heated steering wheel ect) .if you do truck will set DTC as that required module is not present !

mquick5

Post by mquick5 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:14 pm

twisterrescue wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:55 am
YOU need to go into the IPCM module .hit configure & programing . a big list will come up .look for REMOTE START related .ITEMS heated seats ect. hit edit DO NOT ENABLE stuff truck does not have ! ( heated seats heated steering wheel ect) .if you do truck will set DTC as that required module is not present !
I do not have the heated seats or the steering wheel. Looking at the info below, what do you suggest I change? I'm guessing the (climate settings) in the ipcm, and hopping this remote start vehicle with the last settings used? All options are set to disabled right now.

In the IPC module menu I have the following

Engine hour meter
Engine Idle hour Meter
remote start - climate settings
remote start _ Driver Seat
remote start - Menu
remote start- Passenger Seat
remote start- Rear Defrost

In The HVAC menu I have
Driver Seat
Passenger Seat
Rear Defrost
remote start - Front Defrost HVAC
remote start - Heater A/C HVAC
remote start - Quite Start HVAC

twisterrescue

Post by twisterrescue » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:31 am

HI working very late xmas .gifts (remote start shop ) in IPCM enable remote start menu , climate , and rear defrost .I have not seen a hvac module list any remote start options ,the usually come up in BCM options all remote start options should be enabled if the truck is equipped .with that option only!

mquick5

Post by mquick5 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:10 am

twisterrescue wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:31 am
HI working very late xmas .gifts (remote start shop ) in IPCM enable remote start menu , climate , and rear defrost .I have not seen a hvac module list any remote start options ,the usually come up in BCM options all remote start options should be enabled if the truck is equipped .with that option only!
Will enabling the rear defrost, make it run always during remote start? As you know some days it's just cold and not needed, I'd hate to burn it up. My wife always remote starts for 10 mins or so. And the BCM plain English is where I enabled the remote start option, as this truck came w/out remote start but apparently Ford puts the module in them all now! Did I need to make any changes in the ipc module?

Thanks for all the help!

twisterrescue

Post by twisterrescue » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:13 am

IN the IPCM module are the required remote start options ENABLED or DISABLED? they must say enabled to work ! if not edit to enabled .with FORScan same goes for the BCM remote start options .just because they show up in programing file .unless they are enabled they will NOT WORK!

mquick5

Post by mquick5 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:48 am

I don't have the option to enable the remote start in the ipc module. Just the items listed below. My remote start does work! I just clicked enable in the body control module. Truck starts fine, just looking at controlling the hvac options.

IPC Module plain English options.

Engine hour meter
Engine Idle hour Meter
remote start - climate settings
remote start _ Driver Seat
remote start - Menu
remote start- Passenger Seat
remote start- Rear Defrost

FrankTheFord
Vehicle: 2017 Expedition XLT

Post by FrankTheFord » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:20 pm

I am looking to install a remote start on my '17 Expedition XLT. Was thinking the kind that uses the current fab and you hit the lock 3x's to start. I was wondering if there is a specific brand that people have used that has worked well. And is there anything special I need to do using Forscan to get it to work. Thanks in advance.