2012 Econoline

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
asgard909
Vehicle: Econoline E150

2012 Econoline

Post by asgard909 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi,
Just bought this van and am looking for some help with the DRL. I have the use of an ELM327 but without the Mcan switch so I can only see the Hcan.
I wanted to disable the DRL that use the low beam headlight as I have purchased a set of full led lights that have a dedicated LED DRL strip.

I installed and looked at the available modules today but only saw about 5 units, OBD2, ABS, Dash. Transmission and Restraint system. I was thinking the DRL would be in the Body module. Can this only be seen in the Mcan settings? If so I will purchase one with the switch.

I would appreciate any help you can offer. I know the Econoline is not a current or even modifiable vehicle but it would be nice to do this one mod.

thanks

Juice
Vehicle: 2007 Mustang, Coyote, MagnumXL 6spd, 404RWHP/393TQ

Re: 2012 Econoline

Post by Juice » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:45 pm

I have a 2008 and after I put in LED headlamp bulbs, they were flickering on DRL. I was unable to find a way to disable DRL using Forscan. I ended up pulling one of the fuses (sorry, don't remember which) to disable DRL. A side effect of pulling that fuse was it also disabled the backup alarm permanently. I can live without the backup proximity alarm as I'm usually pulling a trailer, and every time I backed up with a trailer, I had to hit the button on the dash to silence the beep. Everything else seems to be working just fine. :mrgreen: