Ford Focus (EU) 2015 TPMS

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
robertspark
Vehicle: Ford Focus 2015 1.6TDCI GB

Ford Focus (EU) 2015 TPMS

Post by robertspark » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:32 pm

I've had a bit of a dabble with forscan

I sort of understand the registers and modules (enough to be dangerous) (I've used megasquirt ECUs and have hp tuners for my toy)

Basically I'd like to be able to read my tyre pressures on the IPC (or sync2 ) screen.

I've seen the YouTube clips on the fusion and pdfs on the F150 regarding IPC 720-04-01 0000, or 0400 or 0480 or 04C0

Any suggestions as to how to be able to read the stored TPMS values (setpoints)

The problem I've got is the TPMS is saying (intermittently) low tyre pressure.

I've checked the pressures and they seem fine, I've put air in the tyres up to the prescribed 31psi all round (16" rims, 1.6 tdci).

I've reset the tyre pressure via the IPC menu driver assistance and the message still pops up

I am wondering if it's a tpms sensor battery (presume they are non serviceable), or the tpms sensors may not be set.

Ok confession time.... Just got the car Sunday gone. New to me but second hand.

How did someone find out 720-04-01 related to the Tpms .... Was it just trial and error changing register values to try to see if something changes one at a time and log down if the did anything apparent? (Seems like a long time consuming almost bruteforce / dictionary attack given everything has to reset after every write and ignition needs to be turned on and off before trying again)

Open to suggestions / links thanks

dmoral1
Vehicle: Escape, 2.5L, 2013

Re: Ford Focus (EU) 2015 TPMS

Post by dmoral1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:43 am

Does this vehicle tell you which specific tire is low? You may have a bad TPMS and/or bad battery. I don't think all the TPMS's are actually giving you the same low tire warning.

You might be able to monitor your TPMS via the Read PID Data Function in ForScan and figure out which device is bad. I know I was testing my vehicle and viewing the TPMS data which appeared fine on my car.

robertspark

Post by robertspark » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:38 pm

Hi thanks for the reply

No it does not report which tyre is low just a generic message

I'll have a play this weekend

robertspark

Post by robertspark » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:36 pm

I bought a cheap tpms reset tool and attempted to reprogram the tpms tyres.

It appears that the right front tpms sensor is unresponsive to the tpms reset tool (all the other tpms sensors can be programmed)

New sensor on order, do a tyre change next weekend to swap out the tpms sensor