OBDLink MX Not connecting in FORScan

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions
adtronix
Vehicle: Ford 3.5L v6 EcoBoost Twin-Turbo 2018

OBDLink MX Not connecting in FORScan

Post by adtronix » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:47 pm

I have a 2018 Ford Raptor and after a month of research, purchased the OBDLink MX to use with FORScan. However, I've never been able to connect it in FORScan.
I've read through a lot of the forum and still cannot get a good answer as to why my OBDLink MX is not connecting in FORScan. I've tried several of the topic discussion answers with no solution. Apps on my phone connect just fine, though. I now feel as though I've wasted my money. :cry:
I've even updated to the latest FW and FORScan which says it fixed a lot of bugs.
Can someone give me a good clear fix to make this work?

EDIT: It is the Windows 10 connection that I am having a FORScan issue with.

f-wolf
Vehicle: Ford XR6 Turbo BA MK II 6 Speed Manual

Re: OBDLink MX Not connecting in FORScan

Post by f-wolf » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:52 pm

adtronix
Vehicle: Ford 3.5L v6 EcoBoost Twin-Turbo 2018

Post by adtronix » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:28 pm

Thanks, f-wolf. But I have already done my due diligence of research. I've looked at all the google searches and none of the so called "fixes" actually fix the issue. I need a more in depth answer to what the cause is and it is looking to be a combination of Windows, FORScan and the unit.
I don't even care if someone says the OBDLink MX and FORScan don't work together well anymore, as long as they give me the 100% guarantee of what units will work. Been fighting this issue for well over a month and getting tired of reading the same things over and over with no new info. I don't want to waste any more time on this and just want something that is going to work.

kwoodhead
Vehicle: F-350 PowerStroke 6.7 2017 CC SRW 4X4 Platinum

Post by kwoodhead » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:01 am

I just purchased an OBDLink MX and I'm having the same problem...... I'm using a Windows 10 64-bit OS with built-in BlueTooth.

The adapter is paired, but won't connect. The message is "No ELM found."

Can somebody assist?
OBDLink_MX_Connection.png
Current connection config
OBDLink_MX_Connection.png (173.39 KiB) Viewed 185 times

3_Gents
Vehicle: F250,6.7,410,2011

Post by 3_Gents » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:40 am

Same problem.... same mx+, windows 10 64, connects to hs-can, nothing on ms-can

MikeGE
Vehicle: Ford Ranger 2018 Wildtrak

Post by MikeGE » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:43 pm

I can’t say this will fix these Win10 compatibility problems, but I bought my OBDII dongle from Stewart at www.saeb.net, and it works perfectly with FORscan on my Win10 laptop. Stewart modifies the dongle to work with Win10 and tests each one before shipping.

Oops...I just realized you were describing the BT version and not the USB version. My dongle is the USB version.
2018 Wildtrak 3.2L Auto Supercab 4x4 in Pride Orange
2006 Mondeo MK3

NaXus
Vehicle: Ford F-150 Lariat, 5.0L V8

Post by NaXus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:15 am

Seme problem

smegun
Vehicle: 2002 lincoln ls sport 3.9

Post by smegun » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:11 am

OBD2 ELM327 V2.1 Bluetooth ....SAME bt linked cant find adapter

TheRealRusty
Vehicle: 2013 CMax Energi

OBDLink MX+ Not connecting in FORScan

Post by TheRealRusty » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:49 am

Same issue with the OBDLink MX+ for iOS. It seems like the ForScan Lite is not yet updated to connect to the new hardware chip in the MX+. anyone know when the ForScan Lite will be updated to work with the MX+. If not soon, I want to send the MX+ back and try another BT scanner. Any recommendations on other iOS BT scanners that work with ForScan Lite for iOS?

Trekboer
Vehicle: 2012 F150 5.0 Crew Lariat

Post by Trekboer » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:10 am

I have had similar issue with Obd link mx bluetooth. I downloaded OBDwiz for Windows 10 and updated to the latest version and it made some changes to windows drivers...I think. Once I got obd wiz to work with "OBDlink mx Bluetooth" - Forescan was now able to connect with vehicle.

*Make sure you do not have a competing device trying to connect with "OBDlink mx bt." I had used the old link with my Android phone and it was allowing Windows laptop to connect with "OBDlink mx bt" but wasn't allowing Windows laptop programs to talk to it. just had to turn phone Bluetooth off, delete Bluetooth device from Windows and do initial re-pairing security code... Just finally got it working today.

* Also found that sometimes I would have to delete Windows10 laptop Bluetooth connection
With "OBDlink mx bt" and do the initial pairing and security code again to allow OBDwiz or Forescan to comunicate with it.