what is the procedurer to follow from begining

Any issues related to FORScan application
HeyJayEd
Vehicle: Focus Dohc 14 2.0 liter 136hp 2005

what is the procedurer to follow from begining

Post by HeyJayEd » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:01 am

I'm new to forscan and new to forums. not new to mechanics or fords. First Ford I owned was a 49 f250. now I'm working on my girlfriends 05 focus. all lost keys is problem. I have a connecter it is an ohp ELMconfig compatible 500 kbit/s hs-can ms-can. Do I need to go download a driver to get it to work or is it a piece of crap and I need to order a new one. I get the keys not on error code when I have it hooked up in the car. I tried the switch in both positions.

HeyJayEd
Vehicle: Focus Dohc 14 2.0 liter 136hp 2005

Re: what is the procedurer to follow from begining

Post by HeyJayEd » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:09 am

Also could a low battery cause the error, since the car has been sitting for a few weeks now. I did disconnect it so it should be good.

Andyfocus
Vehicle: ford focus 1.0 ecoboost (100ps) 2017

Re: what is the procedurer to follow from begining

Post by Andyfocus » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:00 pm

forscan doesnt like low battery but should give a warning if below 11.6v i think it is ,
does your adaptor have a switch or is internal (auto ) , goto the setting page and set to the one you have , when first connecting to car if it has a switch place it in HS position , then as its connecting collecting data from modules it will ask you to switch it to MS position.

forscan should connect to the elm with out it been connected to the car and should say connected to elm if its picking it up,then fail when connecting to the car ,
plug the elm up and check the device manager page in windows to see it if has installed the drivers or not , a quick search would have given you this info alone with a link to a web page that tells you all these things , please rememner to use the search function and not just post .
hope this helps ;)

current beta 3 version has bug that isnt registering battery levels so may be worth sticking with beta 2 at the moment