Can't retrieve keypad code.

Any issues related to FORScan application
JonC
Vehicle: F250,6.2,2015

Can't retrieve keypad code.

Post by JonC » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:12 pm

I'm very new to Forscan, but I want to add keyless entry to my '14 F150 STX. I looked on the right side behind the kick panel and did not see a sticker. I also tried the two key method with no luck. I took the drivers door panel off and the wire and connector are there. I then hooked up my ELM adapter to read it on my laptop. It started to run and then got a "Service procedure has been interrupted" message. I tried it three times or so. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance

sloryd66
Vehicle: 2012 Ford Edge Limited

Re: Can't retrieve keypad code.

Post by sloryd66 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:45 pm

JonC wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:12 pm
I'm very new to Forscan, but I want to add keyless entry to my '14 F150 STX. I looked on the right side behind the kick panel and did not see a sticker. I also tried the two key method with no luck. I took the drivers door panel off and the wire and connector are there. I then hooked up my ELM adapter to read it on my laptop. It started to run and then got a "Service procedure has been interrupted" message. I tried it three times or so. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance
Sounds like a latency issue with your adapter...are you on a Bluetooth adapter or hardwire cable? Look at your connection speed in the log...if you're not running at low latency like 12ms or less, it'll bomb when trying to read or write. Bluetooth adapters are notoriously slow sending and receiving....cables can be tweaked in the computers USB Com port to reduce/improve latency.

JonC

Post by JonC » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:02 am

I am using a USB adapter. Another forum suggested to enable it first and then should be able to read code. I just haven't had time to try it.

JonC

Post by JonC » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:02 am

I enabled it and found the code, now to get the keypad installed.