2012 F150 Remote Start

Any issues related to FORScan application
Deschknives
Vehicle: 2012 F150 Eco-boost

2012 F150 Remote Start

Post by Deschknives » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:46 am

Hello Everyone I'm new here.

Well after trying to deal with my local Ford dealer who wanted to charge me$1200 to install a remote start in my 2012 F150 we decided to go a different way.

I bought the $200 kit on ebay installed it in 5 min, had keys cut at a Chevy dealer (long story) programmed keys in 5 min one key has a problem (more on that later)

Ford dealer tells me schedule an appointment 2 weeks out, they would have to have the truck all day! Just to activate the remote start......Really!!!!!

So here I am. Ordered my ELM327 tonight.
Can anybody lead me down the right path?

First off the hood switch does not chime. May be deactived. My driver side seatbelt is deactivated.
Second I have manual climate controls. A remote start without heat is kinda worthless in Montana.
Third is my one new key has an error "Could Not Program Integrated Key" the key will start the truck but thats all, no remote door lock/unlock. Was told I need to do a "Key Erase"????

Should have my ELM327 in a week.

So thats my story and I'm stick'n to it......anyone want to help me out?

Added info 9/12/18:

After some investigation came up with this for remote start:

In BCM (Body Control Module)
Change 726-19-01 from 0047 to 0148

In IPC (Instrument Panel Control Module) AS BUILT
Change 720-01-02 to xxxx xf0x xxxx (Basic Remote Start Menu) (I would assume for manual climate controls)
xxxx xf2x xxxx (for auto climate)
xxxx xFEx xxxx (for heated/cooled seats)

Tell me if I get anything wrong here!

Still looking for hood switch settings and key erase

Added info 9/13/18:

Key erase.... well the whole PATS thing looks a little scary, need to do further investigation, I'll worry about that later.
Going to start a new thread for the hood switch..... if the hood switch is disabled in some way shouldn't the remote start think that the circuit is closed?????
Last edited by Deschknives on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Don Ridley
Vehicle: 2016 Transit Connect

Re: 2012 F150 Remote Start

Post by Don Ridley » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:48 pm

The F150 forums may be more helpful because this forum is comprised of hundreds of Fords with unique programming and features. This is why many posts have no reply.

You can use Forscan to read the DTCs. Maybe a "hood open" will set a DTC. You can also look for a PID for the hood switch to check its status. I don't know which module to look in so you may have to go through all of them. If possible, try toggling the hood switch to see if the status changes. Hopefully this is a wiring problem and not software problem.

Deschknives
Vehicle: 2012 F150 Eco-boost

Re: 2012 F150 Remote Start

Post by Deschknives » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:06 am

Thanks Don
Well I received my ELM327 today, got the drivers for the ELM327 and the license for forscan went down with a laptop, did the changes(little learning curve) 30 min later, remote start WORKS!!! Didn't do anything with the hood switch, with the hood open remote start does not work, no warning on the message center, all I get is a horn honk, so at this point I'm not going to worry about it.
Thanks for taking the time to try to help.
Just have the one key problem to work out.....Onward!