I just wanted to update this post for the latest version of Crossover.
Crossover has been updated to v18. If you have not purchased you can using the checkout CX36 to get 36% off the purchase.
https://www.codeweavers.com/store/?utm_ ... dium=email
Offer ends Oct 23, 2018 at Midnight.
Personally I bought the single with no support, and was outside of my 30 day satisfaction guarantee so that was just my luck.
I purchased the update (1 yr support) as there might be some more updates still to come.
The Upgrade went without issue and FORScan started and appears to work as expected.
I wanted to post that I have FORScan running under OSX using the Crossover App.
The Crossover App has a cost of $39.95 (SEP-2018) but there is a trial version which works for a short period of time.
The app is simply a build of Wine which is free, but needs to be complied to run on OSX, so this is a simpler way to accomplish this with minimal learning.FORScan is free, and the usefulness is AMAZING but it is nice to be able to run it on a MAC without Bootcamp or Virtualization like VMWare (more expensive).
I hope that this helps some users and can be published as a method for users to use the product on OSX with minimal expense and time invested. This is the least I can do for the help that I have gotten from the Forum.
1) Download FORScan (Latest Version, known working with 2.3.16 Beta as of SEP-2018)
2) Install Crossover
3) Start Crossover
4) Click on "Install a Windows Application" at the bottom of the screen
5) Type in "FORScan", Press Enter, Select "Unlisted application for FORScan", Click Continue
6) Click "Choose Installer File...", browse to the installer file you downloaded in step 1, Click Continue
7) Click Install
8) Installer will run, Follow the standard FORScan Installer Screens (Basically Accept the Defaults and click Next), Click Finish, Click Done in Crossover
9) In the Crossover App you will see the "FORScan" listed
10) Double-Click to Run
- Highlight and add to Favorites to put in top bar for quick access.
When it is running you can do a normal "Keep in Dock".
FORScan will run as it does in Windows.
If you need to copy any configuration files to the "C Drive", right click on FORScan under bottles, Open C: Drive.
You can copy a License File for this also.
You will need to generate a new license file based on the hardware ID.
Crossover can be buggy at times, and sometimes hangs when you exit the program, this sometimes requires a Force Quit of Crossover, Wine and FORScan from the OSX Apple Menu.
This was tested with a WIFI ELM327, with MS/HS Switch and worked as expected when the MAC was connected to the ELM. I have not tested with USB ODBII Device
I have personally used this and it works, but as always backup any modules if you are changing them in the even of a crash.
2016 Sport, Unleashed Tune, Other FORScan Mods