Dealer turned off my CEL but did not fix the problem

Share your FORScan experience with other users
abalizan
Vehicle: F150 Lariat SuperCrew, 2.7L Turbo, 2015

Dealer turned off my CEL but did not fix the problem

Post by abalizan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Hello

Just wanted to see if anyone has had these issues or may have any advice. 2015 F150 Lariat 2.7L turbo 2wd.
I got a CEL and took it to the dealer. They told me it was evap hoses and replaced them. They also replaced the door latches or something due to a recall. The CEL was off.

Two weeks later, I now have two issues.

1. I scanned for faults and the truck is throwing P0316 - Misfire in first 1000 revs. However the indicator for this fault has been disabled. So my light should be on, but I believe it was disabled at the dealer.

2. The driver side lock pin (the thing that goes up and down when your door locks and unlocks) extends obnoxiously high into the cabin. Like 2 inches. All the other ones are fine but something is up with the driver side pin. It did not do this when i picked it up from the dealer, but just developed this weekend.

My three year warranty expires this month so i want to get on this if it may be something serious.

Two messages to my ford service rep have gone unreturned.
Any ideas or experience with this sort of thing?

Thank you.

Juice
Vehicle: 2007 Mustang, Coyote, MagnumXL 6spd, 404RWHP/393TQ

Re: Dealer turned off my CEL but did not fix the problem

Post by Juice » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:56 pm

"1. I scanned for faults and the truck is throwing P0316 - Misfire in first 1000 revs. However the indicator for this fault has been disabled. So my light should be on, but I believe it was disabled at the dealer."

I don't believe the dealer has the ability to disable any fault codes. I have IDS and there is NOTHING in there that I've found to disable codes. Some codes CAN be disabled with tuning software like SCT/Diablo, but not Ford IDS. If you are not having any drivability issues, I would not worry about it.

2 As for the door lock, maybe you can screw if down more. If not, they didn't put it back together correctly.

abalizan
Vehicle: F150 Lariat SuperCrew, 2.7L Turbo, 2015

Re: Dealer turned off my CEL but did not fix the problem

Post by abalizan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:32 pm

Thanks for the input.

I'll get the verbatim message that the scan is giving me about the light being disabled and post it for the record.

I unscrewed and re screwed the lock pin and it seems to be just fine now.