Hill Decent and Anzo switchbacks

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
jr.nichols
Vehicle: F150 2.7L V6 ECOBOOST, 2017

Hill Decent and Anzo switchbacks

Post by jr.nichols » Thu May 17, 2018 4:39 am

I had my DRL’s set to use my Anzo switchbacks and they worked great, it would only run the switch backs and not the headlights. I added hill decent control today and now my switch back on my driver side won’t turn yellow at all and only the small blinker light is working. I have also installed LED headlights and fog lights but that ran fine for a week and all this happened after doing hill decent. Ideas??

jr.nichols

Re: Hill Decent and Anzo switchbacks

Post by jr.nichols » Thu May 17, 2018 5:18 am

Also... Sirius has started working despite the fact that I don’t subscribe and don’t have a free trial. Really want my switchbacks working correctly again though.

Vladsky
Vehicle: '15 3.5L Eco-Borscht - 409 rwhp, 526 rwtq

Post by Vladsky » Thu May 17, 2018 1:32 pm

jr.nichols wrote:I had my DRL’s set to use my Anzo switchbacks and they worked great, it would only run the switch backs and not the headlights. I added hill decent control today and now my switch back on my driver side won’t turn yellow at all and only the small blinker light is working. I have also installed LED headlights and fog lights but that ran fine for a week and all this happened after doing hill decent. Ideas??
Jeez ... Clearly ye did something wrong. Da.

Hill Descent is in the ABS module.
DRL control is in the BCM ( and IPC ).

Completely unrelated. As is the anecdote regarding Sirius (which resides in yet another module).

Troubleshootin' 101 ( which apparently very few here have a lock on :lol: )

- RECHECK yer work

- POST some fekkin' SCREENSHOTS of ALL the HEX data you changed - no one here has Internet X-ray vision, Skippy. :roll:

- RESTORE yer As-Built backups to confirm all returns to normal - then try again.

Salut
Vlad

PS: btw - POS Anzos are a downgrade to begin with - adding POS LEDS is just a further downgrade. Only thing Anzos are good for are donors fer a Proper Full projector replacement HID retrofit. That is the ONLY bona-fide upgrade that actually produces more high-quality precision lighting. Period. Expen$ive truck; shitty lights - lmfao.... /soapbox

jr.nichols

Post by jr.nichols » Thu May 17, 2018 3:26 pm

Thanks for the charming feedback. The LED’s are morimoto’s and the furthest thing from cheap. The projector on the Anzo is not great no but it’s also not what I bought the lights for, I just like the look of the switchback.

I realize the hill decent module is not related to the lighting module which is the reason I am perplexed on the timing for this to happen. You seem a little bothered by people using a help forum to ask for help so maybe helping is not your calling but I do thank you for your input.