Mazda 6 injector calibration

Share your FORScan experience with other users
Paul_1970
Vehicle: Mazda 6 Sport Tourer. MZD-CD 2.2. 180PS. 2012

Mazda 6 injector calibration

Post by Paul_1970 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:13 am

I have a UK registered Mazda 6. MZR-CD 2.2 diesel engine. 180 PS. This is a 2012 facelift GH model.

Question: can I safely run the injector calibration service procedure? There is a lot of conjecture over this. Some cite that it doesn't work on the 2.2 litre models. Others say differently.

Additionally, is it wise to do this via a Bluetooth connection or would I be better off buying a wired interface. I am looking to use a Windows version for this purpose.

So far all I've done is use the Android edition to monitor DPF saturation levels. I've not been brave enough yet to make any changes apart from reset the an RKE code when I had two keys in the car simultaneously.

Thanks in advance,

Best wishes,

P.

klokancz
Vehicle: Mazda CX-7, 2.2 MRZD diesel, MY2012

Re: Mazda 6 injector calibration

Post by klokancz » Mon May 14, 2018 11:55 am

Hi,

I have Mazda CX-7 (2012) with the same 2.2 MRZ diesel engine. I have done the injector calibration last week, using USB interface (from Ali express - 9 EUR value - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-PIC ... 76979.html ) and Forscan in PC version. The procedure took about 3 minutes and worked just fine (noticeable changes in engine sound, vibrations, increasing and decreasing RPM). The result is great, much more "cultivated" engine sound and really a significant improvement in acceleration !

I would recommend to use USB version, however even Bluetooth should work (I have this interface working fine with CX-7 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Super-M ... 39714.html) in case that other less invasive procedures, like error reading/erase or controller internal tests are working without crashing the SW/loosing connection.

Regards,

Jan
Paul_1970 wrote:I have a UK registered Mazda 6. MZR-CD 2.2 diesel engine. 180 PS. This is a 2012 facelift GH model.

Question: can I safely run the injector calibration service procedure? There is a lot of conjecture over this. Some cite that it doesn't work on the 2.2 litre models. Others say differently.

Additionally, is it wise to do this via a Bluetooth connection or would I be better off buying a wired interface. I am looking to use a Windows version for this purpose.

So far all I've done is use the Android edition to monitor DPF saturation levels. I've not been brave enough yet to make any changes apart from reset the an RKE code when I had two keys in the car simultaneously.

Thanks in advance,

Best wishes,

P.

MPJ
Vehicle: MAZDA CX-7, MZR-CD, 173PS, 2011

Post by MPJ » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:04 am

Hi
I have also just run the INJECTOR CALIBRATION and all is ok.
For reference this is what was used:
Mazda CX-7 2.2 MZR-CD diesel (R2AA), 2011, UK/European model
ELM327 v1.5 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
Forscan version 2.3.14 beta on PC laptop, usb connection.

All the best.

Browny3794
Vehicle: 2012 Mazda 6 2.2TD 180 Sport

Post by Browny3794 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:16 pm

Hi Paul sorry I'm late to the party on this one, the injector calibration is usually performed as part of the tasks performed whilst changing the oil.

I can't see it being an issue to change the values part way through the oil interval, but I can't be certain as I perform it as part of a service.

I get the car up to normal operating temperature. Then perform a forced regeneration of the DPF (ensure the bonnet/hood is in the raised position)

This takes up to 60 minutes to complete.

Let the car idle for a few minutes after to help dissipate any heat build up, then drain the oil and change the oil filter.

Once done, refill the car as you'd expect.
Start Forscan and enter the service menu and perform the oil learned values reset.
Follow any on screen commands and this should reset it.

Then the next step is to perform the injection calibration service. On my 2009 GH 2.0TD 140, this started instantly with Forscan. This will require the engine to be within a certain set of parameters for a couple of blocks, coolant temp is one of them.

My 2012 2.2TD 180 can take anywhere up to 5mins for the injector calibration to actually start. So don't worry if you see the service stuck at 2%, it does start moving eventually (I spent the best part of 20mins the first time with the 2.2 scratching my head and trying to get the calibration to start)

Even if it does fail, you may get the EML light and Glowplug lamp flashing, clearing the codes for me turns these out.

I've seen a mention of resetting the DPF learned values, but the warning messages that come with it discourage me, as it lends me to believe its for refitting a replacement DPF.

I'm going to try finding some more info about that now.
I'll pop back with any findings and update if so.

Hope this is of some help.