auto locking and unlocking on 2017 f150 xlt

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
Pector32
Vehicle: Ford f150 5.0liter, 2017

auto locking and unlocking on 2017 f150 xlt

Post by Pector32 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:50 am

Hello everyone..

I have a 2017 F150 xlt.. im looking for a way to unlock all the doors in my vehicle automatically when I put it in park and jump out.. it's so annoying that you have to either 1. Turn the truck off to have it automatically unlock all the doors.. or 2. Hit the unlock button when you get out of the drives side door.. I feel its a safety issue that you cant just jumper out after putting it in park and have the back doors unlock.. if there is something wrong and you have little kids in the back there is no way to just get out of the front and grab them without hitting the unlock button first!!! help me if there is away to just put the truck in park and all the doors unlock at once..
Paul

Vladsky
Vehicle: 2017 Ferd PHEV

Re: auto locking and unlocking on 2017 f150 xlt

Post by Vladsky » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:49 am

Pector32 wrote:Hello everyone..

I have a 2017 F150 xlt.. im looking for a way to unlock all the doors in my vehicle automatically when I put it in park and jump out.. it's so annoying that you have to either 1. Turn the truck off to have it automatically unlock all the doors.. or 2. Hit the unlock button when you get out of the drives side door.. I feel its a safety issue that you cant just jumper out after putting it in park and have the back doors unlock.. if there is something wrong and you have little kids in the back there is no way to just get out of the front and grab them without hitting the unlock button first!!! help me if there is away to just put the truck in park and all the doors unlock at once..
Howdy.

NO way to enable this (at least on an F150) has been found - according to the folks who are continually testing features on these trucks. You needn't believe me - you can go peruse that massive F150 Forscan thread and confirm this fer yerself.

It IS only one button-push ...if you've the presence of mind to get out to assist those in back, you should be able to handle that simple action. I mean - you remembered to put the truck in Park first, right? Safer yet - turn off the truck - unattended running trucks are bad juju in their own right. :mrgreen:

Salut
Vlad

Pector32
Vehicle: Ford f150 5.0liter, 2017

Post by Pector32 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:47 pm

Vladsky wrote:
Pector32 wrote:Hello everyone..

Howdy.

NO way to enable this (at least on an F150) has been found - according to the folks who are continually testing features on these trucks. You needn't believe me - you can go peruse that massive F150 Forscan thread and confirm this fer yerself.

It IS only one button-push ...if you've the presence of mind to get out to assist those in back, you should be able to handle that simple action. I mean - you remembered to put the truck in Park first, right? Safer yet - turn off the truck - unattended running trucks are bad juju in their own right. :mrgreen:

Salut
Vlad

Yeah I guess I'm just used to my 14 Silverado that I had before I switched over to this ford.. that was as soon as I put it in park all the doors would unlock even with the engine running.. I just don't know why it wouldn't be like that for every vehicle out there today.. I mean once you start driving it automatically locks your doors why wouldn't it automatically unlock your doors after you put it in park is all..
I'm just saying that if there is a fire you put the truck in park and turn of your truck you still have to hit the button to unlock your doors in the back and that's kinda of the last thing on your mind when your trying to get your two little kids out of the back in carseats
Paul

macmov
Vehicle: 2017 ford expedition xlt

Post by macmov » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:55 pm

I have to agree it's not "presence of mind" to simply hit a button, as one said, it is super annoying ,as I have more to think about then remembering to hit an unlock button when I want to grab something out of the back, hit the liftgate and have to go back and push the unlock button when I am already out of the car. Seems like a simple fix and a real pet peeve of mine. Of course in my case, I just hate to having to take the key out of my pocket to start the car, mercedes spoiled me I guess.