focus 1.8 tdci 2008 bad starting no fault codes

Any issues related to FORScan application
teknix999
Vehicle: transit diesel 2.4 2011

focus 1.8 tdci 2008 bad starting no fault codes

Post by teknix999 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi i need some help please, i have a focus 1.8 tdci 2008 it has always been a first turn start car until about 6 weeks ago when it became very lazy to start turning the key for 2 mins or more with it firing but not starting when it did finally start there is lots of grey smoke for maybe 5 mins until it warms up a little and a strong smell of diesel. after the first start up it will run fine all day starting first time every time. i have run forscan and it did showed the cam sensor was faulty i have replaced this with a new one from ford but still have the same problem from cold starting. i have run forscan again and now it shows no faults. so thought i would try WOW it to shows no faults. so i have now run delphi cars and it to shows no faults. i have seen the tread about a mondeao 2.0 ddci with the same problem the fix was to reprogram the dtm to the injectors but this option is not available on my 2008 1.8 model. any advise would be gratefully received thank you

denbo
Vehicle: ford focus 16 zetec

Re: focus 1.8 tdci 2008 bad starting no fault codes

Post by denbo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:40 pm

Have the battery load tested first, then get the starter reconnd. Check the rpm while cranking, its important. While your at it, have the glow plugs tested.

teknix999
Vehicle: transit diesel 2.4 2011

Re: focus 1.8 tdci 2008 bad starting no fault codes

Post by teknix999 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:29 pm

i have replaced the battery as the old one was running out of steam before the engine would start needed to use jumper cables.. the glow plugs are new replaced last week even tho they did not show as a fault on the diagnostic. i think my problem is a mechanical problem because the electrics show as all good.