Fiesta mk7.5 trip computer succesfully activated

Share your FORScan experience with other users
noctis707
Vehicle: ford fiesta mk 7.5 1.25lt 82ps

Fiesta mk7.5 trip computer succesfully activated

Post by noctis707 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:08 am

Hello everyone,

After trying many elm327 clones and always getting the bad china clone error, i ordered an obdlink mx wich arrived yesterday by mail,
It paired nicely with my computer and the forscan software, i went to central configuration in engineering mode 1 and changed the value for trip computer and i pressed write to ECU, my Instrument cluser did a gauge calibration, some mechanical noises and some codes were shown in the center display, after that it reset and the external temperature display was shown along with other features of the trip computer :)

I am very happy and want to express my thanks and gratitude to the forscan team for this software.

I have one question tho, will the trip computer stay permantely activated on my car even if i change my car battery when it dies or will it reset to factory default and have to activate it again?

elluk4
Vehicle: Fiesta ST-2 2013

Re: Fiesta mk7.5 trip computer succesfully activated

Post by elluk4 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:47 pm

Hi, I just got a fiesta st mk7.5 and am looking to see what I can add with forscan.

What did you have before on the trip computer and what did you gain? How did you do it?

Also, what other things have you managed to do on your vehicle?

noctis707

Post by noctis707 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:12 am

Hello,

My fiesta had only total odometer and trip odometer, after enabling trip computer in central configuration of my car, i gained km to empty, instant fuel consumption, average fuel consumption average speed and external temperature display.
I also installed foglights on my fiesta and enabled them in central configuration with forscan.
I also seen the option to enable cruise control but i need to get a steering wheel with the commands first before i try to enable it with forscan.

elluk4
Vehicle: Fiesta ST-2 2013

Post by elluk4 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:56 pm

The cruise control would be the killer feature for me but its a fair amount of work if it turns out to not work!

I successfully used forscan to turn on global open/close using the main configuration. Well happy! It was so simple!

tepic
Vehicle: Ford fiesta 2014, manual, 1.25L

Post by tepic » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:21 pm

Hey.
All you need to do for having a cruise control is to install a new steering wheel that has the required buttons.
It Is a lot more easier then getting only the buttons and the steering wheel trim, and assembling them.

After you do so, all you need is to change the setting through Forscan.

I got my (used in perfect condition) on the internet for 70€

** Don't forget the disconnect the battery for 10-15 before starting to work.

Ducky21
Vehicle: 2014 Ford Fiesta 1.0L USDM

Post by Ducky21 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:43 am

Is there some trick to add instant fuel consumption to a USDM 1.0 Fiesta?

fedejack
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta SE Plus 1.6L 120HP -2013

Post by fedejack » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:38 pm

noctis707 wrote:Hello everyone,

After trying many elm327 clones and always getting the bad china clone error, i ordered an obdlink mx wich arrived yesterday by mail,
It paired nicely with my computer and the forscan software, i went to central configuration in engineering mode 1 and changed the value for trip computer and i pressed write to ECU, my Instrument cluser did a gauge calibration, some mechanical noises and some codes were shown in the center display, after that it reset and the external temperature display was shown along with other features of the trip computer :)

I am very happy and want to express my thanks and gratitude to the forscan team for this software.

I have one question tho, will the trip computer stay permantely activated on my car even if i change my car battery when it dies or will it reset to factory default and have to activate it again?
Hi!
Sorry for my english. I´m from Argentina. I own a Ford Fiesta MK7.5 2013 without trip computer. I did everything you said. Unfortunately the center display didn´t show anything :x :x . Not even the external temperature. I know the temperature sensor is working because when I connect my phone to the ECU with de Torque Pro application I get the outside temperature with correct values. The ECU writes correctly. Even when I disconect the FORscan software and reconect it to the ECU, the Trip Computer appears enabled, so everything I did was correct (I guess...). What do you think? Any other place to write in the ECU? I really don´t like to drive with my phone attached to the windshield to see the Trip information and would like to see all the trip information on the center display.
Thanks a lot for any reply.

BaalSac
Vehicle: 2015 Ford F-150 5.0L | 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.6L

Post by BaalSac » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:45 am

I hate to revive a thread after death, but has anybody come up with a solution as to why it won't show on the cluster? The temp sensor (OAT or AAT whichever you prefer) doesn't show up and there's no way to scroll through the items, however if I set it up to monitor from my laptop or phone I can see the temperature.

I've set it up to be with trip computer, and with trip computer and eco mode. Neither works. I've tried cycling through the menus with the only button I can think of working, that's the button that changes the trip / odometer and resets the trip if you hold it long enough.

USDM 2015 Fiesta S mk7.5
I have however been successful in putting in cruise control. It was extremely simple and well worth the work.

noctis707

Post by noctis707 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:51 am

fedejack wrote: Hi
Sorry for my english. I´m from Argentina. I own a Ford Fiesta MK7.5 2013 without trip computer. I did everything you said. Unfortunately the center display didn´t show anything :x :x . Not even the external temperature. I know the temperature sensor is working because when I connect my phone to the ECU with de Torque Pro application I get the outside temperature with correct values. The ECU writes correctly. Even when I disconect the FORscan software and reconect it to the ECU, the Trip Computer appears enabled, so everything I did was correct (I guess...). What do you think? Any other place to write in the ECU? I really don´t like to drive with my phone attached to the windshield to see the Trip information and would like to see all the trip information on the center display.
Thanks a lot for any reply.
Hello dear friend, sorry for late reply, be sure to change the value in central configuration IPC wich is the main module.
Central configuration BCM is only used as backup.
I love argentina, one of the most beautiful countries in the world :)

decgraham
Vehicle: Fiesta, 1.25 Petrol 2014

Post by decgraham » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:15 am

Hi All,

I too hate to revive an old post but I have just bought a 2012 (According to FordEtis site but registered in 2014 in Spain) Ford Fiesta 1.25 Duratec EFI. I too would like to have the outside temperature on the display. From what I have read on this post all I need to do is go into the system with FORScan and follow the instructions posted on here. However, I have one question, will the temperature sensor already be installed or will I have to buy one and install it? If this is the case can someone tell me where the sensor fits and how to go about installing the it please ?

Thanks for any help with this.

ATB :)