PCM (AS BUILT format)

Any issues related to FORScan application
Todd Turbo S
Vehicle: Ford Raptor, 3.5L V6 Ecco Boost/450 hp, 2020

PCM (AS BUILT format)

Post by Todd Turbo S » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:28 am

Hi All I have a 2020 Ford Raptor and I’m in the process of backing up all the original Module formats before making any changes.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that I should not save/back up the “PCM Module Configuration (AS BUILT format), which is the first module on my truck. After completing all original back ups, I inadvertently back this one up. Can I simply go to my file and delete this, or would I need to start over?

Feed back appreciate.

Ecmbuster
Vehicle: A6 2.8L Quattro,Volvo Bertone, Tiguan TFSI

Re: PCM (AS BUILT format)

Post by Ecmbuster » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:55 am

"recall reading somewhere that I should not save/back up the “PCM Module Configuration (AS BUILT format)"

Incorrect statement that you read. The issue is changing the PCM data (there is no reason to) with a 2020 model.
I believe you may have a SGM (Secure Gateway Module) and you may not get too far.

Todd Turbo S
Vehicle: Ford Raptor, 3.5L V6 Ecco Boost/450 hp, 2020

Post by Todd Turbo S » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:33 pm

Ecmbuster wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:55 am
"recall reading somewhere that I should not save/back up the “PCM Module Configuration (AS BUILT format)"

Incorrect statement that you read. The issue is changing the PCM data (there is no reason to) with a 2020 model.
I believe you may have a SGM (Secure Gateway Module) and you may not get too far.
Thanks for the reply. What do you mean, “I may not get too far”? Meaning, with the back up process?

Ecmbuster
Vehicle: A6 2.8L Quattro,Volvo Bertone, Tiguan TFSI

Post by Ecmbuster » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:40 am

The statement means that these new models may allow you to "look" at a controller(s) but not much beyond that.
If this model incorporates an SGM module, it will stop you at the door.