Transferring from one computer to a new computer

Any issues related to FORScan application
gord
Vehicle: f150 3.5ecoboost 2014

Transferring from one computer to a new computer

Post by gord »

I recently put FORscan on my old laptop with a extended license now I just purchased a new laptop how do I go about transferring it from the old laptop to the new laptop
Usmcdrew05
Vehicle: 2019 Super duty platinum 6.7

Re: Transferring from one computer to a new computer

Post by Usmcdrew05 »

what did you end up doing cuuse I'm getting a new computer
ThatOneDude
Vehicle: 2012 Ford Expedition 5.4L 3V 4WD

Post by ThatOneDude »

If you're using the free license, just follow the process again with the Hardware ID.

If you're using the paid license, it should activate on the new computer the same way you activated it on the old computer.
1996 Lincoln Town Car (For Sale)
2003 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (For Sale)
2007 Ford F-150 SuperCab 5.4L 3V 4WD
2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (For Sale)
2012 Ford Expedition 5.4L 3V 4WD
fordfocus20
Vehicle: Ford S-Max 2.0 TDCi 2017 PowerShift

Post by fordfocus20 »

New application ID code :D
Minstafl
Vehicle: Ford Focus, 2.0 Flex Fuel, 160 HP, 2013

Post by Minstafl »

I'm having the same dilema. I tried several times, several different ways as found here in the forum. Going to try uninstalling on the old laptop, which had only used the standard license on it. But it looks like maybe the hardware I D is the same on both, so forscan is interpreting I'm trying to use extended on 2 devices.
Minstafl

Post by Minstafl »

Hardware I D's were different. Uninstalled off old laptop, still no cigar (didn't work). Really have no idea how to enter the downloaded folder into the program. Tried the 'load license key', multiple times, restart window pops up but doesn't change it to extended. Tried moving the downloaded file and copying and pasting, into the data file, and the forscan file, probably one in the same. Regardless, nothing has worked. And the in 'enter activation key' window the paste from clipboard option is grayed over. What am I missing ?
Minstafl

Post by Minstafl »

Been using chromebook for the last 3 years, so Windows is a relearning process. On my phone right now. I couldn't see the activation I D in the word pad in my attempts last night, it's all in code (gibberish to me lol). I'm thinking maybe the view tab will make sense ? I'll try that after work.
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Post by tractmec »

quote=Minstafl post_id=66413 time=1623235886 user_id=375882]I'm having the same dilema. I tried several times, several different ways as found here in the forum. Going to try uninstalling on the old laptop, which had only used the standard license on it. But it looks like maybe the hardware I D is the same on both, so forscan is interpreting I'm trying to use extended on 2 devices.
Minstafl wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:51 am
Hardware I D's were different. Uninstalled off old laptop, still no cigar (didn't work). Really have no idea how to enter the downloaded folder into the program. Tried the 'load license key', multiple times, restart window pops up but doesn't change it to extended. Tried moving the downloaded file and copying and pasting, into the data file, and the forscan file, probably one in the same. Regardless, nothing has worked. And the in 'enter activation key' window the paste from clipboard option is grayed over. What am I missing ?
Been using chromebook for the last 3 years, so Windows is a relearning process. On my phone right now. I couldn't see the activation I D in the word pad in my attempts last night, it's all in code (gibberish to me lol). I'm thinking maybe the view tab will make sense ? I'll try that after work.
I made a little post with screens of the trial license install here: viewtopic.php?p=63970#p63970

First it is impossible to have two computers with the Same Hardware ID as the ID's are unique to each computer. You can have as many trial licenses on as many computers as you feel you need (I have 4 trials and one Paid one year license) but a separate license key must be generated for each one at extlic.php using each Computers Hardware ID. I save each key during download with a file name pertaining to the computer I will use it on!

You can have also as many Paid license as nessasary but they each one must be paid ( Purchasing 4 One year activation's with the same activation code would be 4x$10.00=$40.00US) and each activation would be tied to one of each unique Hardware ID!

The "Enter Activation Key" button is used for activating a paid license and will be "Greyed Out" if either a Two month trial license or a Paid License is active. The Load license key button will become an "Uninstall License key"

An active license should show an Extended License Registered name and an expiry date similar to the last screen of the series in the above link!

Hope This helps?
Do not PM me as I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!
Minstafl

Post by Minstafl »

Thanks much for the info. You are correct. On further exam turns out I had generated the trial on the 1st computer and was trying to install that trial key on the 2nd (of course,as you said, different hardware id), duh. Once I generated a key on the 2nd computer with it's id, clicked right through the load license link and install was a success.