New FORScan User, 2011 Fusion, Backup Questions

Any issues related to FORScan application
gapi
Vehicle: Fusion, V6 3.0L, 240HP, 2011

New FORScan User, 2011 Fusion, Backup Questions

Post by gapi » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:28 am

Hi Folks,

New to FORScan I do use AlfaOBD on my Dodge Charger. I have a few questions?

How do we create a back up and save before making changes? I want to cut my teeth enabling the DRL's on our 2011 Fusion SE.

If I enable the DRL's on the Fusion will the toggle appear in the cars setup menus?

gapi
Vehicle: Fusion, V6 3.0L, 240HP, 2011

Re: New FORScan User, 2011 Fusion, Backup Questions

Post by gapi » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:07 pm

Anyone? I didn't mention I use a ODBLink MX+ Android.

Am I in the right section?

Mamonte
Vehicle: Ford Fusion SE, 2.5 Flex Fuel, 175cv, 2018

Re: New FORScan User, 2011 Fusion, Backup Questions

Post by Mamonte » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:57 pm

Hello,

My name is Marco, I live in Brazil and I have a Ford Fusion SEL 2.5 liters year 2011.

With an OBD2 interface purchased from AliExpress (modified ELM 327) and the FORSCAN program, I enabled dimmed light DRL on the low beam of the vehicle.

Backing up is simple and quick according to the instructions I found in this forum and also on 2gfusions.net. A quick search can help you.

In my vehicle, I found the option to enable DRL in the GEM module (simple option, not that of the "ASBUILT" module). Just select the module, run it and edit the daytime running light option. In my vehicle there was no option to choose for other lights than the low beam, but if you have these options displayed, just choose the one that suits you. Select to enable, command to write and follow the instructions. When you restart the vehicle, the lights chosen for the DRL will light up when you move the shift to a different option from P.

In my vehicle no options appeared on the dashboard menu after this modification.

Hope this helps. Good luck!