sync 2 replacement touch screen buttons don't match

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
forscanwks
Vehicle: Explorer 3.5L Cyclone V6 TI-VCT 2011

sync 2 replacement touch screen buttons don't match

Post by forscanwks » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:05 pm

I replaced a failed sync 2 module for a 2011 Explorer with a 2013 Escape APIM module. Screen displays but touch controls are all wrong. The home button works but almost all the others are wrong. I pushed the time in upper center and the time/date screen came up. Displayed buttons to change hours and minutes on upper right. I finally changed minutes in lower left and hours in lower right where there are no buttons on screen.
I cannot do a hard reset because I cant get to the right system page. Figure I have a mismatch between software version of APIM.

I have reset the APIM module.
I have tried both the AsBuilt data and the APIM data I saved before swapping. Slight difference between the two.
I have some DTC errors in the APIM modules.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

omar302
Vehicle: Ford Edge, Gasoline 2.7L/335hp, 2016

Re: sync 2 replacement touch screen buttons don't match

Post by omar302 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:04 am

Try to calibrate the touch screen using the method described here:

https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/273 ... ent-202831

Maybe it will help.

forscanwks
Vehicle: Explorer 3.5L Cyclone V6 TI-VCT 2011

Re: sync 2 replacement touch screen buttons don't match

Post by forscanwks » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:15 am

You are a lifesaver!
I finally figured out that the screen touch orientation rotated (not flipped) 180 degrees. Just had to look at the screen and touch the part of the screen diagonally across from the display you were looking. Weird. Armed with that knowledge I was able to do a systems setting reset and got back Sirius, paired phone,etc. Then went back into calibration and it fixed the touch screen orientation problem.
I tried to do a software update to v3.10 and that failed but that is for another day. Thanks again.