Disconnect Forscan from Vehicle

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
mickalo
Vehicle: 2015 Ford Escape SE 2.0L Turbo Ecoboost

Disconnect Forscan from Vehicle

Post by mickalo » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:08 am

Hello,

Tried searching this on the forum but wasn't sure what to search for.

Being new to forscan just installed it the other day and was going to try it out this week. basic question regarding disconnecting and closing forscan when done. I read somewhere that if you don't close it done correctly can causing DTC codes to pop up. when done making changes, backup and such what is the correct procedure to disconnect and close forscan from the vehicle and on the PC ?

Thanks for the help
Mike

tweaker18
Vehicle: F150 XLT, 3.3L V6, 2018

Re: Disconnect Forscan from Vehicle

Post by tweaker18 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:43 am

mickalo wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:08 am
Hello,

Being new to forscan just installed it the other day and was going to try it out this week. basic question regarding disconnecting and closing forscan when done. I read somewhere that if you don't close it done correctly can causing DTC codes to pop up. when done making changes, backup and such what is the correct procedure to disconnect and close forscan from the vehicle and on the PC ?

Thanks for the help
Mike
Mike,

here is a link to a "how to" video and at about the 6:44 mark of the video this guy explains how to disconnect FORScan from your vehicle properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Wv_9_eBKs

hope this helps. I too am new to FORScan and had this bookmarked for my own learning.
Regards,

Tweaker18
"If you want the answer, you have to ask the question"

mickalo
Vehicle: 2015 Ford Escape SE 2.0L Turbo Ecoboost

Re: Disconnect Forscan from Vehicle

Post by mickalo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:24 am

tweaker18 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:43 am
mickalo wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:08 am
Hello,

Thanks for the help
Mike
Mike,

here is a link to a "how to" video and at about the 6:44 mark of the video this guy explains how to disconnect FORScan from your vehicle properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Wv_9_eBKs

hope this helps. I too am new to FORScan and had this bookmarked for my own learning.
thanks for the information video was very helpful.

Mike