PATS Configuration In Aussie Ford Falcon FG-X

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
TimmyA
Vehicle: Ford Falcon FG-X

PATS Configuration In Aussie Ford Falcon FG-X

Post by TimmyA » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:24 am

Hi,

Anyone know if PATS functions are supported in the latest version of Fordscan for the last of the Australian Ford Falcons (2015 FG-X)?

Basically I am wanting to buy another genuine key for my car and program it myself. Car was supplied with an aftermarket and genuine and the aftermarket key sometimes immobilises the car.

Any help or advice or how to pages would be appreciated... Can send logs of the car if someone can explain that to me (literally just downloaded the forscan software a couple of days ago, still haven't quite worked out the ins and outs...)

Cheers,
Tim

TimmyA
Vehicle: Ford Falcon FG-X

Re: PATS Configuration In Aussie Ford Falcon FG-X

Post by TimmyA » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:42 am

No support for Forscan admin on this point?

Cheers,
Tim

Mick887
Vehicle: Ford ba xr6 turbo

Post by Mick887 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:16 am

Mate I’ve been pushing them with endless amount of data logs from fg2 and fgx , apparently they’re working on it , it’s an issue with not having access to the new incode/outcode process, really hoping they can sort this out really soon .

AttendLocksmiths
Vehicle: falcon,barra,4.0,186,2005

Post by AttendLocksmiths » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:10 am

I tried an FG 2010 the other day & the incode was wrong, also I had to use the VXDIAG as the ELM does have auto switch "I think MS can etc when programming pats etc"
Yes after FG 1 the indcode was changed & of cause the BF will not work, but I will actually try the BF in/0ut on a FG MK1 next time. But I know it will not work,
With my AD Smartpro the software for FG Mk1 is Not with FG MK2 which I was surprised, They talk about bypassing the in/out but I don't believe that.
My personal thoughts are is Ford gave AD the source code for the calculation & AD is just saying this as a bum stare. "bypass = bull shit"

The only way is to, jump on the CAN & capture the data while programming an FG 1 or 2 too prove this.

My other thoughts are this information should not be available to the general public because FG's are still worth steeling.$
Yesterday I went to a break & enter they stole the car when the people where sleeping, A young Mum & Dad place first child a 18month etc.
Police attened / finger printed etc, There is no checks & balances with forscan, people in the UK are locking the obd etc
There is always two sides to any story.

AttendLocksmiths
Vehicle: falcon,barra,4.0,186,2005

Post by AttendLocksmiths » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:49 am

TimmyA wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:24 am
Hi,

Anyone know if PATS functions are supported in the latest version of Fordscan for the last of the Australian Ford Falcons (2015 FG-X)?

Basically I am wanting to buy another genuine key for my car and program it myself. Car was supplied with an aftermarket and genuine and the aftermarket key sometimes immobilises the car.

Any help or advice or how to pages would be appreciated... Can send logs of the car if someone can explain that to me (literally just downloaded the forscan software a couple of days ago, still haven't quite worked out the ins and outs...)

Cheers,
Tim
This is an old post, but I thought I would reply for someone in the future about this question.
I'm only talking about this exact post.
Why this is is happening is only because of the transponder.
If you use a quality transponder like a silca transponder this will not happen.
The cheap Chinese transponders like off ebay will give you problems & that's a rule of thumb.
But some of the after market transponders are awesome, there is no transponder fade.
Transponders that are not copies / cheap ones work really well,(IE: NXP)
who you buy from & where they get them from in general is all the difference.
For example you local shoe repairer will buy the cheapest he can, it will work for a time but you are long gone.
My job, people will call you up years later, so most locksmiths don't want these problems & we buy a product that will not make us or our business look bad, & we don't need the headache either over $5 or $10 bucks more. (Stupid to have a headache like this)

Key blanks, well these days china can get the dimensions near perfect, but they mix all kinds of shit metal together & this can wreck a $200 or more key machine cutter, so when you find a good supplier you stick with them. ( as long as they don't skimp & change their supplier for a $0.10 saving which has happened to me)
I got a batch of BF / FG etc key blanks & they are between 0.30mm to 0.55mm to big. In the bin they go.
I've also had the plating of the key blank make the key stick in the locks ( I'm talking about Ford BF / FG ) In the bin they go as well.

Here is something else; people don't know, the machine I use to cut a BF/FG key, is the best in the world you can buy; which cost $38,000 & the programmer I use has now cost me $14,000 to date. again the worlds leader in car key programmers. Guaranteed not to f your customers car.

In Australia there is not that much work with cars so Locksmiths have to charge, just like any business, if we were in America then you can lower your prices due to the volume of customers.

Some people think it's just a key & don't want to pay.
I refuse to make a key to a door lock someone has removed to save money, they want to use my $38,000 key machine for all of $20 bucks, you must be joking. key machine servicing cost thousands my last bill was $3,705, not happening Jan.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:08 am

FORScan supports PATS programming for all Falcons up to FG Mk1 (2008-2010). PATS programming for FG Mk2 and FG-X is not supported yet, this is common problem for all Ford models after 2010 (except US market), as there is no 2011+ incode/outcode calculator in public access. We however work on implementing PATS Programming functions for new models.