how would i go about monitoring what my HVAC is doing in real time?

Share your FORScan experience with other users
STIGGY16
Vehicle: 2016 ford fusion 2.0 ecoboost

how would i go about monitoring what my HVAC is doing in real time?

Post by STIGGY16 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:17 pm

2016 fusion, im chasing a really frustrating quirk with my AC, seems like it wants to cool and cycle on and off at its own leisure. all blend/etc options work just fine withthe controls, ambient temp sensor seems to be fine, ive replaced the pressure switch in the line and made sure it's charged within spec. problem is, i can get in the car and turn on the AC, just blows hot air. check the compressor and i can see the clutch spinning like its engaged. Then whenever it feels like it wants to cooperate, i can feel the idle change as the compressor finally starts pumping and the air gets cold AF like it should. then at random, usually on the freeway with the wife and infant in the car, it stops blowing cold air and starts blowing hot ambient air instead. then randomly itll engage again. turn the AC off and the clutch stops spinning (as it should).

is there any way to monitor what the AC system is doing? maybe a way to force the AC to engage/disengage etc? this is driving me nuts and everything checks out as far as i can tell. im still very new to forscan so im trying to learn as much as i can so forgive me if its a silly question. TIA

denbo
Vehicle: ford focus 16 zetec

Re: how would i go about monitoring what my HVAC is doing in real time?

Post by denbo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:01 pm

Sounds like it needs a regas.

STIGGY16
Vehicle: 2016 ford fusion 2.0 ecoboost

Post by STIGGY16 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:19 pm

well i figured out how to monitor them, whole drive home yesterday in 100* heat, AC didnt kick on once. blew plenty hard, but just hot air. pressure reading from the sensor was mostly around 150, idling it tended to rise, around 200 was about as high as i saw it, didnt idle much longer than that.

mrpc9886
Vehicle: Ford Edge, 3.5l, 285hp, 2014

Post by mrpc9886 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:34 pm

It appears from the low pressure (assuming that's the high side) that it's low (a lot) on Freon.