2019 STX F250

Car configuration discussions and experience sharing
Knau
Vehicle: Ford F-250 Diesel

2019 STX F250

Post by Knau » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:42 pm

I am by no means an expert on any of this FORSCAN technology but I am not completely ignorant to computer modification and software hacking. Last night I changed a few things in my 2019 f250 with Forscan. 1. I changed the Splash screen to Raptor (it worked) 2. I disabled the seatbelt ding (it worked) 3. I put the AC/Climate controls on my touchscreen (partialy worked) 4. I got navigation Icon to appear (nav doesn't work).

I am not understanding why the Climate controls on the touch screen only partially work. AS the actual climate controls themselve are all electronic too. The climate controls on the touchscreen are extremely buggy. Has anyone else expericenced this? Are there other areas i need to change values in other than 7D0-01-01? As for as the nav goes I changed the Value in 7D0-01-02. I makes the nav icon appear but nothing happens when you touch it. Before I did the nav modification. I went into the hidden menu test settings and scrolled down to the satellite settings and it shows all the GPS satellites that its receiving and there strength. After the nav mod it no longer receives this info and all of it is blank. I know the truck is receiving a GPS signal and obviously has a GPS receiver or it could not gather this data. I saw where some guy where downloading a navpatch to there sync2 but mine is a Sync3 and there is nowhere I can find to download from a usb thumd drive to the headunit.

If anyone else has experienced this please comment below and maybe we can figure out whats going on.

*****UPDATE*******
I got alittle further with getting nav to work. I got the nav icon to appear and I got the nav settings to appear but now all it does is say loading map and just sits there. Also when you hit the nav icon button it does nothing. I go into the Hidden Diagnostin Menu on the radio and it shows the NAV APP as OFF. But all the Satellite Data is there with signal strength and Satallite locations.

As for as the Climate Icons. I have no luck. They are still buggy and most dont work.

***** 2nd UPDATE*******

After further research an finding the F250 spreadsheet on here, it looks like all I am gonna get functionally from the climate controls is what I have! I have gotten no where with the nav mod! It seems to be lacking the maps an that's it! I cannot figure how to get the maps! Everything else works until it figures out there is not a map then it gives a nav fault! I can reset the nav fault in the hidden menu but it just eventually happens again.

PS. It is really weird that there is a ton of post on here with no responses! Lots of questions an no answers! I would think this would be the priemer place to go for mods an help. Seems like only certain questions get answered. Is there a reason for this?

CrewmanRedshirt
Vehicle: F250, 6.7 Diesel, 2016

Re: 2019 STX F250

Post by CrewmanRedshirt » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:14 pm

I too am no expert as I'm currently tweaking my Sync 3 after upgrading from MFT in my 2016 F250.

I think youv'e figured out everything but the Navigation. Did your Sync have navigation from the factory? I believe your truck will have a GPS antenna installed even without navigation, soley for the electronic compasses in Sync and on the dash. Maybe someone else could chime in to confirm.

Also, if you didn't get a backup of your apim values, you can always get them from here:
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Narly1
Vehicle: F150 STX 3.7L 2013

Post by Narly1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:31 pm

Knau wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:42 pm

PS. It is really weird that there is a ton of post on here with no responses! Lots of questions an no answers! I would think this would be the priemer place to go for mods an help. Seems like only certain questions get answered. Is there a reason for this?
Not unusual at all. What you have here is a collection of vehicle owners, (just like yourself), who by trial and error have figured out and documented what happens when you change values in various module registers. We should be very grateful for the efforts of those who have taken those steps into the unknown and who have returned to share what they learned...

It's not like Ford or Mazda are active on this forum and freely divulging their IP to the world. And I doubt there are any company "insiders" here sharing what they know without company authorization...for fear of losing their jobs...

Don Ridley
Vehicle: 2016 Transit Connect

Post by Don Ridley » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:18 pm

You may find more info on forums specific to your vehicle e.g. F150 forum etc. There are dozens of vehicles this forum tries to cover. Each one has it's own problems.