So we have no relation to the these “FORScan” and “FORScan Pro” adapters that are being sold on Amazon, Ebay and other popular marketplaces:
These guys from China are really impudent: they not only use FORScan software as a part of their package like it is their own software, but as realized recently, several years ago they registered FORScan trademark in USA, EU and China. So now we cannot remove their counterfeit products from known marketplaces because we have no legal rights for the TM. We have started to dispute it in USA and we believe we will win, but it will not happen soon.
The quality of their adapters is not better than for other chinese “good” clones: they work with FORScan, but they are slow, may produce CAN bus errors and don’t support advanced features developed in the past. They replaced HS/MS switch with DC-DC relay using documentation from our site, so reached “seamless” switching between HS and MS. Otherwise, it is not better that any other clone with mechanical HS/MS switch.
Main problem is that many people associate this package with us. We receive a number of requests to support that started as “I have purchased your FORScan adapter….”. Obviously it means bad experience for users and reputational damage to FORScan brand and product.
So, we would like to ask everyone:
1. Please do no purchase these “FORScan” and “FORScan Pro” adapters, as well as any other adapters that claim to be “FORScan” ones if they are missing from our Products page (https://forscan.org/download.html). If you have any doubts about it, please contact us.
2. If you already purchased it by mistake, we recommend to do 3 things:
- Return it back to the seller and get your money back
- Leave negative feedback for it on the marketplace you purchased it on
- Send “abuse” report to the marketplace administration
Please feel free to insert a reference to this article in your feedback posts and abuse reports.