General information about FORScan Lite for iPhone
Another limitation of first version of FORScan Lite is that there is no dedicated version for iPad. Of course, application will work on iPad but only in iPhone emulation mode. We don’t know how many of our users want to use FORScan on their iPad, if there is a significant amount of requests, we will add necessary GUI.
Important: all mobile versions of FORScan are going to be paid. This is a part of new project strategy. The price is expected to be around $4. However, everyone who used to help or support us in project development all these years (and will continue to help and support as we hope) - testers, translators, any users who sent us bugreports or logs from their vehicles, tested new functions etc) – all of these people have right to use any of our software products (current and future) for free. Besides, Windows version remain free as well.
Initial requirements for application
Device: iPhone 3GS or newer (actually, this is most feeble hardware we tested it on, if someone has older hardware and wishes to try – you are welcome)
OS: iOS 6.0 or newer
Peripheral: ELM327 WiFi adapter
How to participate in beta-testing
- Read and follow “Initial requirements for application”.
- Optionally, read this article about WiFi adapter optimization
- Obtain device identifier (UDID) as instructed by Apple:
• Launch iTunes on your Mac.
• Connect your device to your Mac.
• In the upper-right corner, select the device.
• In the Summary pane, click the Serial Number label under Capacity or Phone Number.
The label Serial Number changes to Identifier and displays the device ID.
• Copy the device ID by Control-clicking the identifier and choosing Copy Identifier (UDID).
If the menu contains a Copy Serial Number menu item, repeat steps 4 and 5 again.
• Paste the device ID in a document or an email message
Procedure for Windows should be similar (you just need iTunes for Windows)
- Send us the UDID by email
- Wait for the application and test instructions