Hybrid Battery Voltages?

Testing new functions
dheadden
Vehicle: 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid 2.3l

Hybrid Battery Voltages?

Post by dheadden » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:54 pm

Is there a way to test Hybrid Battery Voltages. I have a 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid with a no start condition and I understand the battery has to be above 300Vs and that there are several other voltages such a SOC and others that are required to start the engine.I have a new battery and numerous other parts but still have a zero start.

buckeyesvt
Vehicle: 2015 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost 3.5L

Re: Hybrid Battery Voltages?

Post by buckeyesvt » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:25 pm

The battery voltage is contained within the Battery Control Module (BCM) and will tell you total voltage. I've had brand new batteries be dead and set low voltage codes. I don't have the Ford charger but was able to dismantle the pack and charge it manually back to 330v. Then the Escape Hybrid I was working on fired right up.Only a handful of people on the web have every dismantled the battery to charge it. In fact, I still have a battery pack in my garage that I purchased from a local pick-n-pull and was going to charge it and sell it.

Samistine
Vehicle: Ford C-Max 2015 Energi

Post by Samistine » Fri May 08, 2020 9:41 pm

I dissembled a high voltage pack from a Honda Insight (2nd gen or so) and recharged the individual modules. My other idea was using a constant current LED driver that puts out an amp at 200-300 volts.

Evilshedd
Vehicle: 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid

Post by Evilshedd » Sat May 23, 2020 10:22 pm

I dissassymbled a high voltage battery in a 2009 Ford Escape (as the jump start feature was taken out this year) after taking a chance and purchasing it not able to start for $1500.00. I built a charger for it as well as wired in a plug with safety redundancy using a few diodes and a realy for future just in case charging. The parts for the charger were sourced online and after charging it fired right up. Took care of a misfire issue and a few other minor problems and have been driving it daily to work which is a 74 mile round trip affair for a couple months. I love this thing and am now looking into "tuning" for better gas mileage. Where there's a will there's a way.