bf mk2 falcon radio codes

Testing new functions
gmau69
Vehicle: Ford Falcon BA 4.0L 2003

Re: bf mk2 falcon radio codes

Post by gmau69 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:51 pm

H Dean
1. you will need an extended license for forscan and of course a good working OBD adapter so you can communicate to you car and forscan. Under service procedures you should find something like ACM Configure / I do not remember exact wording, but there will be only two options for ACM( audio control Module), so choose just upper one.
2. These are typical ICC problems.
3.Never seen like this, but sounds like it plays up and faulty.
4. You can keep original BEM if it has no problem.
5.Remove the shifter surrounding by pulling it up, undo couple of screws and remove left and right trims. Remove upper triangle cover ( likely to crack) by using an old credit card and prying out from the top corners). Remove the philips screw behind that cover, remove 4pcs 8mm head bolts holding the ICC. Unplug 4 connectors from the bottom of BEM and antenna plug. Pull the whole ICC straight out and do not touch the large connector behind the radio. This one is self locking/unlocking plug. When putting a new ICC back, just align it in the dash opening and then gently and evenly push it back till it sits. reverse remaining steps to complete connectors and fasteners stuff.
6.You can replace BEM with a green color ( second hand $40-70), but it is up to you. Your original BLUE might never fail. If you replace BEM you will need to do PATS reset procedure, means having 2 keys and after that also check BEM configuration to make sure it for SEDAN etc.
Hope it helps

Dean Bombinski
Vehicle: Ba xr6 mk2. Nov 2004

Post by Dean Bombinski » Fri May 10, 2019 12:36 pm

I appreciate your reply to my questions.
I'm replacing my icc and information like this is of great assistance so that i can gradually teach myself about the system.
I have found a company where i live that seems to have a good reputation but it is in advantage to have a bit of knowledge of what they're up to.
Some of the new versions of the ICC that are compatible to my ba xr6 falcon seem pretty impressive .
Maybe if anybody has upgraded two a newer version thay might pass on any information that i might need to know.
Thanks again for you advice!
Regards
Dean
Dean🐓🇦🇺

gmau69

Post by gmau69 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Not really sure what you mean by updated ICC.
There are basically 3 versions like : basic single zone ICC, single one with larger colorful screen and premium dual zone climate control with colorful screen.

AFR
Vehicle: Falcon XR6T Sprint I6T 4000cc 370Kw

Post by AFR » Mon May 13, 2019 9:07 am

Dean, I'd be checking HIM module . ICC sends via canbus doesn't actually do the control work . HIM's are notorious for failing when a motor get stuck causing it to overload. Usual suspect is the blend door shaft. If the HIM module cannot park the HVAC motors on ignition shut down ,ie default hot windscreen ,it will cause high fan speed, hot windscreen on start up.The ICC will not respond as its in HVAC limp mode as such .

Dean Bombinski

Post by Dean Bombinski » Mon May 13, 2019 9:43 am

That sounds a lot closer to the problem that I am having because the stereo never plays up.
I actually read something along those lines as well mate but your explanation seems to be a little bit easier to understand I appreciate that.
If I belt the left-hand side of the dash with a open hand between the glove box and the ICC that seems to disengage whatever is jamming.
But eventually I'm going to belt it and it won't work I think it's just enough to disengage it back to the correct setting. But I think I understand what you mean by the default setting because when I initially turn it on it's locked in the last setting that it was on i.e windscreen feet.
So obviously am I correct in thinking that your explanation of the HIM not reading the correct signal to switch it on or off from the ICC?
I think I'll ask my mate at the wreckers but we're definitely on the right track otherwise you would think that I would be having more problems.
It's the funny looking triangle sort of thing but I don't know where it lives, but I'm sure that I'll be able to find it.

Thanks for your patience i look forward to talking to you later on, your explanation turn the switch on and got me thinking.
Thanks again
Dean
Dean🐓🇦🇺

gmau69

Post by gmau69 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:21 pm

In my experience, I have seen HIM modules fail with the following symptoms:
1- can't control temperature due to sticky blend door motor. Usually starts working after a good smack providing the shaft is not snapped( common on earlier built BA)
2- Blower motor fan stays on high speed at all times even with the ignition OFF due to blower motor speed controller ( integral to HIM) internal failure.
3- Ticking/clicking noise due to a cracked plastic gear inside the HIM( seen it on a 2010 territory, ).

The problem with frozen /not responding climate control buttons been fixed twice with ICC replacing.

AFR
Vehicle: Falcon XR6T Sprint I6T 4000cc 370Kw

Post by AFR » Mon May 13, 2019 10:33 pm

ADR mandates that default is windscreen ,hot and high fan speed in the even of a module failure, IE demist windscreen. If the motors can't park when the key is turned off ie default setting it goes in limp mode. HIM module failures are common all the way through the B and F series as the are virtually identical Only real difference is the gas pressure run in the air con and software strategies.

If you clear the HIM codes the HIm will set a different parameter in the module and it will work kind off normally , may have hotter outlet temps , until you turn off the the key. Then the module will appear to fail again.. Reset the HIm and it will gain work kind of normal. The HIm has to cycle as its a self test.

Dean Bombinski

Post by Dean Bombinski » Sun May 19, 2019 9:33 am

Just a short thank you to everyone who helped me with the diagnosis of the problem with my BA Mark 2 XR6 Falcon.
My Ford dude connected up his computer and downloded the fault codes.
I was stoked the only fault code that appeared was for the HIM and nothing else which he even commented was excellent for a car of this age.
I explained to him that I had asked all you dudes for help and that the information that I knew about everything you had all passed on to me, and some I had found myself.
For a professional who does this for a living he even commented about how impressed he was with all of your knowledge about the subject.
The default resetting that one of you mentioned was 100% correct and we knew exactly where the problem was so that was excellent.
I'll be replacing the HIM the BEM the KEYS and the ICC with a new 2019 BA/ BF Android.
Thought you might like to know the most impressive thing about the new ICC is that it has a complete gauge system that you can virtually put any gauge you like on the screen which I thought was outstanding.
A much more accurate way to keep an eye on everything and also explains the diagnostics in layman's terms for knuckleheads like myself.
So thanks again for your clear and accurate help with my problem I will definitely look forward to talking with you all again.
All I've got to say is GNARLY GNARLY DUUUDES!
Regards
DEAN!
Dean🐓🇦🇺