How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Share your FORScan experience with other users
hoodoo
Vehicle: 2010 Mazda 5

Re: How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Post by hoodoo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:36 pm

Well my 2015 Mazda 5 was programmed successfully using the built in in-code support!

So great!

C

hoodoo wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:32 pm
Hi,

Curious about incode/outcode. My Mazda 5 is 2015 which newer than indicated for built-in incode/outcode support. The autokeyprog.com website has the same supported model year range as ForScan. Is it possible to confirm that even a newer car will work or perhaps there is a better place to generate the necessary codes.

Thanks!

C

willt1984
Vehicle: mazda, 2, 1.4l, 2005

Post by willt1984 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:06 pm

I'm having trouble programming new a new key.
I have a 2005 Mazda 2 (UK), I only have one mazda key, and a blank key from ebay.
I am trying to use forscan to program a second key. However, I go to "PCM PATS programming".
I then select either "Ignition key programming", "Module Initialisation" or "Spare Keys programmable", Forscan then asks for security access, I press ok, then the service log prints the following:
[] Module returns incorrect outcode. It means the module is out of normal state.
[] Recommendatons:
-make sure there are no wire/connections problems between modules
-try to reset module using service function "Module Reset" (if avaible), or by disconnectiing the battery for 20-30 minuets
- try timed access (if availble)

I have tride disconnecting the battery for 30min, but still get the same issue. I also get n error and told it is not possible when i try to reset the module.

All this is done with the mazda key in the ignition, so nothing to do with the ebay key.
Can anyone help me getting my key programmed.

Benjam2018
Vehicle: Fiesta MK6 1.25 Duratech 2007

Post by Benjam2018 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:41 am

Jus thought I’d give a write up on my 2007 Ford Fiesta 1.25 with normal keys (not keyless entry).

I bought the car to replace a very similar 2008 reg fiesta that I wrote off. When I bought this replacement car it only came with one key but I still had an old key with key fob etc from the old car which I wanted to try and make use of.

After a bit of research I found out that there’s basically 3 parts to the key:
Key horseshoe - connects to the end of the key fob
Key fob - containing circuit board for the buttons etc
Transponder Chip - glued in to the end of the key fob

Basically the key fob is the only part that is reprogrammable/reusable, also the most expensive part.

I took the old horseshoe key off the end of the fob and got a new one cut at Timpsons for £18.

I then took the old key fob and drilled out the old transponder chip (little thing sticking out of the remote) and bought a new chip online from Hickleys.com for £6 it’s the HVTP5 chip that’s needed for Fiestas up to 2015. By doing this I knew I was getting the real thing and avoiding bad clones on eBay.

I put the chip in the key fob and then ran Forscan with the PATs licence obtained already.

When I ran PATs, the ECU knew of two programmed keys but I only had 1. As I wasn’t at all worried about the missing key remaining on the system (god knows where it is!) I didn’t use the erase keys function, I just clicked on programme keys. It ran with coded access so I let Forscan generate the incode and then Once I had access it said to remove the key put the new key in, turn ignition on and click ok within 10 seconds. After this the key count showed 3 and the new key could start the car.

After disconnecting Forscan I then cycled the ignition on and off 4 times in 6 seconds to enter programming mode for the actual fob, pressed a button on the remote and then removed the key, the fob buttons then all worked.

So to confirm.

* You don’t need to erase all keys to add a 3rd key even if you only have one programmed key in your possession. I hated the thought of risking erasing everything and not having any working key!
* You can reuse old key fobs as long as you change the chip inside (£6 for a genuine one) and obviously get a knew key horseshoe cut.

Thanks so much to the Forscan team for the amazing software. I can’t believe how quick and straight forward it all was. The key (pardon the pun) as they said is to buy genuine chips and keys etc.

I can definitely recommend www.hickleys.com for this!

Ben

viking560
Vehicle: Ford F150, 2016, 3,5 ecoboost

Post by viking560 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Today did successful key programming on 2014 F150. I had only one working key without remote control buttons and also had Mykey activated. Bought one new key with remote control and had it cut at local locksmith. Didnt want to erase all keys as i have had problems in the past with cheap ebay keys and chinese tranponder chips refusing get prorammed. This time decided to use program ignition key function at first. I was doubtful if that function works as my only working key had Mykey limitations . Started PATS programming function, the program asked me to insert new key and turn ignition on. Did it, hit OK and then it went into timed access 12 minutes wait mode. After 12 min it reported about successful key programming. Checked the key counter, it indeed had increased and I was able to start the truck with my new key. And most important, new key was programmed as admin. key. So I was able to clear MYkey function using instrument cluster menu. In the end I programmed remote control using 8 times ignition on-off trick.
I can confirm that above method is working on 2014 F150. Not sure about other cars. So no need to erase all keys if you dont care about the keys you dont have in your hand but are counted in PATS. In my case I have now 4 keys programmed, but in my hand I have only 2.

PS. Thanks to forum user echelon64 who used same method on 2011 Fusion and wrote some useful notes here.

redrum678
Vehicle: 2011 Ford F150

Post by redrum678 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:32 pm

viking560 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:59 pm
Today did successful key programming on 2014 F150. I had only one working key without remote control buttons and also had Mykey activated. Bought one new key with remote control and had it cut at local locksmith. Didnt want to erase all keys as i have had problems in the past with cheap ebay keys and chinese tranponder chips refusing get prorammed. This time decided to use program ignition key function at first. I was doubtful if that function works as my only working key had Mykey limitations . Started PATS programming function, the program asked me to insert new key and turn ignition on. Did it, hit OK and then it went into timed access 12 minutes wait mode. After 12 min it reported about successful key programming. Checked the key counter, it indeed had increased and I was able to start the truck with my new key. And most important, new key was programmed as admin. key. So I was able to clear MYkey function using instrument cluster menu. In the end I programmed remote control using 8 times ignition on-off trick.
I can confirm that above method is working on 2014 F150. Not sure about other cars. So no need to erase all keys if you dont care about the keys you dont have in your hand but are counted in PATS. In my case I have now 4 keys programmed, but in my hand I have only 2.

PS. Thanks to forum user echelon64 who used same method on 2011 Fusion and wrote some useful notes here.
I'm on the same boat. do you have a link to the key you purchased? thanks

viking560
Vehicle: Ford F150, 2016, 3,5 ecoboost

Post by viking560 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:12 am

It was a cheap aftermarket key, probably from China. Don`t have a link, purchased 10-15 pcs from ebay some time ago already. But I replaced transponder chip to original 4D63 before programming. Don`t want to use low quality chips anymore. Had too much failures in the past, some ended with non starting car.
You can buy whatever cheap key and give it a try using this method. Don`t erease all keys but use function "program ignition key".
Maybe you are lucky and the key gets programmed. If not, then replace the chip to quality one. You can replace the chips only on keys with integrated remote control and on some simple keys whitch have removable cap to get the chip out.

FactoryJedi
Vehicle: Edge, 3.5L V6, 2011

Post by FactoryJedi » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:01 pm

Woot. Just finished programming the new key and deleting all previous keys from my Edge.
End result, 2 working keys (both in my possession), both are admin keys so no more Mykey, total cost $43...that's $25 for the key and $18 for the laptop cord.

Great program thank you

BillyR
Vehicle: F150, 4.6L, 292hp, 2010

Post by BillyR » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:08 am

2010 F150 ~ We were able to successfully add a flip key FOB we bought on Ebay. It was frustrating as we got the same warning 4 times before the 1st key was accepted. We tried unsuccessfully 6 more times with the 2nd key (See image below). I contact seller and they are sending another blank flip key FOB. BTW, Home Depot duplicated/cut the keys for free ! :D

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (111.49 KiB) Viewed 360 times

smitchell
Vehicle: Mazda CX-5 Sport, 2016

Post by smitchell » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:37 am

I'm interested in if / when the Push to Start vehicles will be able to have their keys programmed. Is it on the roadmap or should I find another solution?

JuansFords
Vehicle: Ford Edge, V6 3.5L/265hp, 2007

Post by JuansFords » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:45 am

2007 Ford Edge SEL. I recently bought the car and the seller only had one Key. Thanks to FORScan and the instructions from previous users I was able to program two new keys, but there is a catch. My car had two keys registered so I was able to program two more keys, which when finished started the car right up. Next I had to program the lock and unlock buttons which required opening the door and leaving it open, toggle the door lock switch, insert the non-button working key and toggling in the ignition from off to On (but do not start the car) 8 times leaving the key in the on position. After door locks toggle, press a button on the key. Remove the key and test the buttons. Now I don't know why but after programming the buttons on the second new key, the buttons on the first new key would not work. I tried it a couple of times with the same result.
Has anyone else experienced this?, and if so, were you able to figure out how to program the buttons on both new keys? If so, can you please post how to do it?
Now I have three keys that will start the car but only two with the lock/unlock buttons that work - the original key and one new key. Oh well, at least I have extra keys now and I saved about $250.00 by doing it myself.

Here's the keys that I bought from Amazon that worked: "Key fits Ford Edge Escape Expedition Explorer F150 Flex Ranger Windstar Fob Keyless Entry Remote (OUCD6000022), Set of 2 - Guaranteed to Work"
Sold by: USAREMOTE

Here's the ELM327 that I bought from Amazon that worked: "CREACLE OBD2 USB Device ELM327 Compatible Interface with HS-CAN/MS-CAN Switch for Forscan FoCCCus Mazda Ford ELMconfig OBD2 Scanner"
Sold by: CREACLE

Good Luck