Anyone with a 2.0 tdci Kuga

Share your FORScan experience with other users
jim1978
Vehicle: focus petrol 2.0 2008

Anyone with a 2.0 tdci Kuga

Post by jim1978 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:47 am

Hi to all. Just wondering if anyone has a mk1 2.0 tdci Kuga that could help me out. Mine keeps flagging up dtc P003A OBD-II Trouble Code: Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control "A" Position Exceeded Learning Limit. I ran a live data on the turbo which displayed 0 with engine off but at around 190 ( not sure what the 190 is) when idling. If I increase the revs the number drops to around 160-170 depending on the rpm. Has anyone come across this before and thank you for your time and help
Kind regards
Jim

Andyfocus
Vehicle: ford focus 1.0 ecoboost (100ps) 2017

Re: Anyone with a 2.0 tdci Kuga

Post by Andyfocus » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:24 pm

the number could be the boost pressure the sensor is picking up .
i am the same as you just a forscan user still learning .
The search function is there for a reason use it.
no you can no longer pm me with your 1 or 0 posts so dont try.

jim1978

Post by jim1978 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Thanks Andy. I keep getting the P003A dtc. I can clear it but it comes back with a day or so

Andyfocus
Vehicle: ford focus 1.0 ecoboost (100ps) 2017

Post by Andyfocus » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:27 am

i had this when i first got my car with a busted pcm after i kinda fixed it , couldnt get rid of it .
bought another pcm , put it on did a relearn and reprogram for my car , the errors i had went ( all linked to the same loom but no faulty parts after i wasted money buying replacement parts) , couldnt program pats on it as not supported so replaced old pcm and the codes never came back .
not saying you have a faulty pcm , but could just be a sensor going or a blockage some where , hows the air filter and intercooler ?. could just be oil in the cooler , may be worth removing the senosr and giving it a clean , i know mine was a bit dirty but didnt fix the fault until i could reset it . i know my current pcm is still not working correctly as it is not dropping revs if you get above 5k rpm but no fault codes have reappeared yet ( probably pcm not picking them up ) .

p.s if anyone knows which is the pats chip in the pcm on a ford focus 2017 pcm (h1fa-12a650-db ) drop me a pm with its location and ill remove it and put it on the other pcm.
i am the same as you just a forscan user still learning .
The search function is there for a reason use it.
no you can no longer pm me with your 1 or 0 posts so dont try.

jim1978

Post by jim1978 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:06 pm

I must admit I think you might be onto something with the faulty pcm. When my partner bought it new ten years ago she said it suddenly shut off one day and fords replaced what she said was the computer so I’m guess the pcm. The cars been fine apparently for years until last year it broke down in London with a blocked dpf. I managed to run a forced regen and had problems since. I can clean the dtc but some return straight away or within a day. I’ve replaced the dpf pressure sensor twice and the pipes. Replaced the position sensor on the turbo and also the angle steering sensor yet the codes return