Service Procedure is not supported (PCM Reset)

Share your FORScan experience with other users
howellcp
Vehicle: Ford, F150, 2.7, 2016

Service Procedure is not supported (PCM Reset)

Post by howellcp »

I'm trying to reset my PCM to clear a code and am getting this error "Service Procedure is not supported". Any suggestions.

***I know it showing not connected to vehicle. I screen shot it when I got back to my office.
Attachments
PCM.JPG
PCM.JPG (50.9 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
denbo
Vehicle: ford focus 16 zetec

Re: Service Procedure is not supported (PCM Reset)

Post by denbo »

If its not supported, then you can,t do it. You don,t reset to get rid of a code. Fix it, then delete the old code.
howellcp
Vehicle: Ford, F150, 2.7, 2016

Post by howellcp »

denbo wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:35 pm
If its not supported, then you can,t do it. You don,t reset to get rid of a code. Fix it, then delete the old code.
Right.... I'm pretty sure I triggered it when I arched the battery terminal on accident. I was just wanting to clear it out so I could see if it tripped again. But everything you stated was super helpful. I'm taking it to the dealership in the morning.
stimpy88
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo Mk4.5 - Diesel 2.0, 163, 2013

Post by stimpy88 »

It's odd that it won't reset the module. Sounds like a ForScan bug.

Forscan also should reset the module when you perform a code clear... Does that fail too?
aowie1
Vehicle: 2010 mazda cx-9

Post by aowie1 »

I'm having this same problem with my 2010 Mazda CX-9. In fact, none of the reset procedures are supported. None of the DTC codes will reset either. I wonder if it is because of: "Code: P1260 - THEFT Detected, Vehicle Immobilized.". I'm assuming it locks everything down?
Djack
Vehicle: 2012 F250 Super Duty 6.2L gas

Post by Djack »

Trying to re-calibrate spedometer on truck I just purchased. Has bigger tires on it than factory. Don't know which block to program on a 2012 F250 6.2 l gas. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Connectorx
Vehicle: Ford Galaxy diesel 2.0L, 2009

Post by Connectorx »

aowie1 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:20 pm
I'm having this same problem with my 2010 Mazda CX-9. In fact, none of the reset procedures are supported. None of the DTC codes will reset either. I wonder if it is because of: "Code: P1260 - THEFT Detected, Vehicle Immobilized.". I'm assuming it locks everything down?
Hi Aowie
I have similar problem Did you figure out what it was? How did you fix it? Was the immobilizer the cause ?
HexDriver
Vehicle: Yukon, V8 5.3L/ 270 hp, 2002

Post by HexDriver »

Did anyone every come across a fix for this issue?
FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan »

Users often misunderstand this function. The module reset is a simple service function that just reboots the module. It is similar to pressing "Reset" button on your desktop. It is helpful if module behaves non-adequate or freezes. It is also necessary in some cases, for example after configuration change. This function doesn't reset adaptations or learned values, also DTCs codes!

Not all modules support this function. FORScan has no way to determine in advance if the module supports the function or not, so it makes it available for you in any case. The message FORScan did show you clearly explains that the reset function is not supported by this module.
HexDriver
Vehicle: Yukon, V8 5.3L/ 270 hp, 2002

Post by HexDriver »

FORSCAN,

The reason we are asking for support is because we have used the reset function on the PCM module in the past. It worked exactly as it should on the PCM module. Now when the module or the car has not changed and FORSCAN has been recently upgraded, we experience this issue.