How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Share your FORScan experience with other users
gtheilman
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta 2016 SE Sedan

Re: How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Post by gtheilman » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:33 am

Was able to add an additional key to a 2016 Ford Fiesta SE sedan.

Did not get an option for OUTCODE/INCODE. The only option was the timed "wait 12 minutes for access" method.

Used a Strattec OEM key (5924628) which cost $22 on ebay. This version of the key doesn't have the remote that locks and unlocks the doors. The OEM key with the remote was $100 more and that seemed like a lot for a backup key that I wasn't sure would work. Instead, I bought a $25 Chinese key on Amazon and programmed the remote using the "turn the ignition on-and-off 8 times" process described in the owner's manual.

So, on the key ring I now have a cut key that only starts the car and an uncut key that only performs the remote functions. It's an emergency backup set, so I don't really care about convenience.

I didn't do the "Ignition Key Erase" process. I used "Ignition Key Programming" to add an additional key to the ones already programmed in.

The result message said that the key was programmed, but Forscan could not confirm that the number of keys had been updated. When I went back in again to check, the number of keys had increased by one.

mirican
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo MKIII 2.0 TDCi

Re: How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Post by mirican » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:24 am

Hello. I have problem with Ford Mondeo Mk4 2008y 2.0 TDCi and keyless key. I swap ECU (SID206) and start initialization procedure in RFA module. Procedure stops at 76% and send message :

"(OK) [12:05:59.610] Gain Security Access...
(ERR) [12:07:25.783] Module returns incorrect outcode. It means the module is out of normal state."

I ty restart PCM and start procedure again...with same error.
Is possible to initialize PCM wit Forscan?. What I do wrong?