How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Share your FORScan experience with other users
cagedhyenap
Vehicle: mercury grand marquis ls, gas, 4.6l, v8, 1998

Re: How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Post by cagedhyenap » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:42 am

cant figure out how to reprogram my ignition key. going thru the motion with everything but cant get it to program. i changed out my pcm amd it triggered the pats system. any help or suggestions would be appreciated

ST Dog
Vehicle: 2000 Mountaineer 4.0

Post by ST Dog » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:03 pm

cagedhyenap wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:42 am
cant figure out how to reprogram my ignition key. going thru the motion with everything but cant get it to program.
Just one key?

You need 2 with different IDs (not a clone) for most vehicles (I didn't see what vehicle you are working on)

Edit: found your other post.
You need another key.

cagedhyenap
Vehicle: mercury grand marquis ls, gas, 4.6l, v8, 1998

Post by cagedhyenap » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:15 pm

right on. just came back from locksmith with another key. see how this goes. appreciate it

echelon64
Vehicle: Ford Fusion, 2.5L, I4, 2011

Post by echelon64 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:01 am

mquick5 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:08 am
echelon64 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:21 am
will the car recognize the key you program as an admin key or will it be recongized as a clone of a key you already have?

I'm trying to remove the MyKey settings from a 2011 Ford Fusion and I only have one key that I got with the vehicle and the mykey settings got activated somehow. I'm hoping that by adding a 3rd additional key I'll be able to get it to recognize as a individual key that will allow me to remove the mykey from the car.
I added 2 new keys to my truck today. At 1st they would start the truck but not lock or unlock. I then went to the my key option, and programed one of the new keys. Still no lock-unlock, but this key would say "speed limited to 80mph"! So I researched and found the on-off 8X cycle method, this programed the locks. So now I have 3 admin keys and one my key.
Awesome, that's good to know. In my case I just want to program one key that will start the vehicle so I can remove ALL the MyKey's and set all the keys to admin mode.

According to the ford website for my car:
https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/ ... y-key.html

As long as the key is recognized as an admin key by the car that'll be good enough. My fear was the forscan ignition programming would simply make a clone of my existing key.

merlin12volt
Vehicle: Ford Fusion SE, 2.3L 5 speed, 2007

Post by merlin12volt » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 pm

Wanted to post a reply and also introduce myself.

I wanted to thank everyone who has contributed to the ForScan Forum as a whole. When I went looking for replacement keys for my car about 2 days ago, I quickly found out it was going to be a $200+ cost to do so via a dealer or locksmith as I only have one of the keys to the car. (purchased used)

I am one of those people that always believes there has to be another way. Enter my search two days ago for a way to program the keys myself, that lead me here and to FORScan. I can already tell the program is right up my alley and will be compliment to many things I plan to do with not only my car, but my girlfriends soon to be Mustang.

I have a 2007 Ford Fusion SE 5 speed that I am going to be programming new keys on to that will be arriving tomorrow. As you can see by the photo provided, she has seen better days. Been put back together a few times and is not long for this world any longer. I am planning on wiping the only key I have and then reprogramming all three of them.

So my only real question is this.... IF I run into an issue, is this the best thread to post to or are there others I haven't found yet that would be better suited to get help, should I need it?
Attachments
KEY PHOTO.jpg
KEY PHOTO.jpg (260.95 KiB) Viewed 428 times

Narly1
Vehicle: F150 STX 3.7L 2013

Post by Narly1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:17 pm

Just a couple of comments and observations on my experience:

First using Forscan 2.3.17 beta with an OBDLink SX on a 2013 Ford F-150.

PATS programming is contained in the BDYCM module

Used a cut, non programmable key so as to be able to rotate the lock cylinder and turn the truck ON thus initiating Forscan. I did this twice with both of the new un-cut programmable keys in close proximity to the lock cylinder to verify in Forscan DTC that they were both PATS programmable.

I then had the new programmable keys cut to match. My local Home Depot did this for me for FREE.

Another tip, I checked that the newly cut keys freely rotated the lock cylinder from OFF to ON/RUN and back to OFF again before starting the programming proceedure. I didn't want to have the key stick part way through.

Following the proceedure at the beginning of this thread these differences were noted:

1. The security timed access progress bar never did get to 100% before allowing me to press "OK" to proceed.

2. The "Action Needed" dialog box that is supposed to show outcode and prompt incode entry never came up after selecting "Yes" on the previous "Feedback Needed" dialog box. (Box where you choose Forscan or another external program to generate the incode).

Other than the above two exceptions the two keys programmed exactly as described. There were a few seconds of sheer terror when I tried starting the truck with the first new key. There is a slight delay in the new key being recognized first time. I am guessing this delay is due to the time it takes for the module to reboot/accept the new programming. After that all was good and the truck starts instantly with either of the new keys.

Thanks Forscan!

echelon64
Vehicle: Ford Fusion, 2.5L, I4, 2011

Post by echelon64 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:03 pm

So I can confirm that it worked. I bought a simple 12 dollar key for my Fusion 2011 from keyless2go on Amazon and used the latest Forscan to program it as a 3rd ignition key. Worked like a charm after waiting the required 12 mins to gain access and followed all the pop up instructions. Key was recognized as an admin key and it started the car up and I was able to remove the useless mykey crap.

Pedro27
Vehicle: F150 5.0L 8 cyl 2015

Post by Pedro27 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:51 pm

No PATS showing in Forscan for 2015 F150 XLT 5.0L ( 302 ).
Found several mykey settings in IPC ( not built as ) but no admin key nor PATS under any module.

Any body find a work around?

Most modules under service say reset
forscan tools settings sm.jpg
forscan tools settings sm.jpg (52.94 KiB) Viewed 349 times

darenkas
Vehicle: Mazda6, Diesel 2.0L 103kw, 2009

Post by darenkas » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Hello everyone, did enyone figure how to add key to Mazda6 GH 2009 year? I cant find any pats programming? Maybe it is in older version of Forscan. Thanks.
Attachments
forscan.jpg
forscan.jpg (127.67 KiB) Viewed 227 times

hoodoo
Vehicle: 2010 Mazda 5

Post by hoodoo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:32 pm

Hi,

Curious about incode/outcode. My Mazda 5 is 2015 which newer than indicated for built-in incode/outcode support. The autokeyprog.com website has the same supported model year range as ForScan. Is it possible to confirm that even a newer car will work or perhaps there is a better place to generate the necessary codes.

Thanks!

C