How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Share your FORScan experience with other users
Hockeyfreak
Vehicle: Ford F150 Super crew 4x4, V-8 5.0, 2013

Re: How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Post by Hockeyfreak » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:53 pm

Doesn't seem to be many experienced people browsing these forums anymore. I did manage to do my 2013 XLT 4x4 Ford F150. I bought a bluetooth device on Amazon, connected to it, opened Forscan, and managed to figure out the menus. I did have to go through the wait every time. I was able to activate my remote start, enable the menus, and also delete all the keys, and then program all three as admin keys. That's about the extent of my knowledge though. I'm sorry I can't help with your explorer

puhaloivica
Vehicle: Ford Territory, Multi point Fuel inj 182kw 2008

Post by puhaloivica » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Just programmed 2 aftermarket keys for my Australian model Ford Territory sy 2008. Only one key was provided on sale of the car.
Purchased 2 keys from ebay. One came with 4d63 chip. The other one was sold to me without a chip. Found this out through local key cutter Mister Minut when i had my keys cut. Original key has 4d62 transponder chip. I purchased 1 more 4d63 80 bit chips, 1 4d60 40 bit chip and 1 4d60 80 bit chip from www.honrow.com. Set up extended license through Forscan and erased 2 existing keys. All the chips when tested through Forscan returned 1601 code so i thought they could all be programmed to the car.
Tried programming with both the ebay and honrow 4d63 chips. Both didnt work. Only my original key was programmed and i couldnt start the car as 2 keys need to be programmed sucessfully.
I swapped one of the chips for a 4d60 80bit from honrow.com.
Worked on my first try. 2 keys were now programmed. I manually programmed the 3rd key 4d60 40 bit with instructions from the car manual. Worked also. The 4d60 40bit would have most likely worked through Forscan as well. If your planning to program purchase some extra transponders from honrow.com, $2 US each just in case your existing chips dont work. Hope this helps someone.

Exploder
Vehicle: Ford Explorer Sport 3.5lEB 2016

Post by Exploder » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:48 pm

Hockeyfreak wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:53 pm
Doesn't seem to be many experienced people browsing these forums anymore. I did manage to do my 2013 XLT 4x4 Ford F150. I bought a bluetooth device on Amazon, connected to it, opened Forscan, and managed to figure out the menus. I did have to go through the wait every time. I was able to activate my remote start, enable the menus, and also delete all the keys, and then program all three as admin keys. That's about the extent of my knowledge though. I'm sorry I can't help with your explorer
Not sure who you are referring to, but there are almost ZERO how to's with any screen shots attached.
That being said, The PATS does not even show in FORScan for my model, and the same was verified by the post directly before yours.

If you're comment was not directed at me (seems to be since you are the FIRST post after mine that was not directly related my question), then understood. But if you were implying that I am inexperienced, then how about you write some how-to's on the subject to assist people doing anything.
Of course you didn't give much information on the "experience" you speak of. I can personally say that for the Ford Explorer, the 2013 and 2016 all have marked differences. These differences are not just based on the Year, but on the option level between the XLT, Limited and Sport. The Sport being far different code set than the Non-Sport versions. I can't speak for the 2013 XLT 4x4 F150 other than I know that the level of discovery on the F150 is 10 fold what is on the Explorer. For those of us that have the Explorer, even the Spreadsheets that list the code changes are inaccurate base on year and model, as I have tried them on both the 13 Sport and Limited, and 16 Sport. I have even tried the F150 code changes, and some work and some do not.

If you have some magic, awesome input on how to help here, then please post it, since there is NO PATS on any branch of the display for the 2016 Sport, there is NO WAY to initiate the wait time or activate the key programming functions that I can find. But I am ALL EARS to try something.

tjctransport
Vehicle: 13 different fords

Post by tjctransport » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:39 pm

will this work on a 2014 F250?
everything i read says yes, but then looking through forscan forums i see in a few places it only works on some cars.

bananaboydean
Vehicle: 2017 Focus RS

Post by bananaboydean » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:09 pm

I know work was being done to get Intelligent Key (Push to Start) vehicles able to program keys with forscan. Is there a timeframe or status update on that?

Hockeyfreak
Vehicle: Ford F150 Super crew 4x4, V-8 5.0, 2013

Post by Hockeyfreak » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:32 pm

It wasn't directed at anyone other than indicating I had asked a few questions that hasn't been answered yet also. As for me making tutorial, I'm sure nobody wants to watch a tut of someone blindly pecking around until they finally figured it out and got it done.

Good luck with your protect, the opening post described pretty well what I needed for my F150.
Exploder wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:48 pm
Hockeyfreak wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:53 pm
Not sure who you are referring to, but there are almost ZERO how to's with any screen shots attached.
That being said, The PATS does not even show in FORScan for my model, and the same was verified by the post directly before yours.

If you're comment was not directed at me (seems to be since you are the FIRST post after mine that was not directly related my question), then understood. But if you were implying that I am inexperienced, then how about you write some how-to's on the subject to assist people doing anything.
Of course you didn't give much information on the "experience" you speak of. I can personally say that for the Ford Explorer, the 2013 and 2016 all have marked differences. These differences are not just based on the Year, but on the option level between the XLT, Limited and Sport. The Sport being far different code set than the Non-Sport versions. I can't speak for the 2013 XLT 4x4 F150 other than I know that the level of discovery on the F150 is 10 fold what is on the Explorer. For those of us that have the Explorer, even the Spreadsheets that list the code changes are inaccurate base on year and model, as I have tried them on both the 13 Sport and Limited, and 16 Sport. I have even tried the F150 code changes, and some work and some do not.

If you have some magic, awesome input on how to help here, then please post it, since there is NO PATS on any branch of the display for the 2016 Sport, there is NO WAY to initiate the wait time or activate the key programming functions that I can find. But I am ALL EARS to try something.

echelon64
Vehicle: Ford Fusion, 2.5L, I4, 2011

Post by echelon64 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:21 am

I have a quick question. The keys that are programmed this way are they clones of the original key you will use to start the car or will the PATS recognize them as a unique key. In other words, will the car recognize the key you program as an admin key or will it be recongized as a clone of a key you already have?

I'm trying to remove the MyKey settings from a 2011 Ford Fusion and I only have one key that I got with the vehicle and the mykey settings got activated somehow. I'm hoping that by adding a 3rd additional key I'll be able to get it to recognize as a individual key that will allow me to remove the mykey from the car.

ST Dog
Vehicle: 2000 Mountaineer 4.0

Post by ST Dog » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:31 pm

echelon64 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:21 am
will the car recognize the key you program as an admin key or will it be recongized as a clone of a key you already have?
Don't know about "admin" stuff, but this tool programs the key code in the car computer and each has to have a unique code.

Clones are not done in the car computer. They reuse the key's code so it looks like the original key instead of being added to the car.

Andyfocus
Vehicle: ford focus 1.0 ecoboost (100ps) 2017

Post by Andyfocus » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:41 pm

same with the focus after 15plate no pats comes up now i guess , cant find it on mine anyway .

mquick5
Vehicle: 2017 Ford Expedition Xlt El 3.5l turbo*2006 Roush

Post by mquick5 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:08 am

echelon64 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:21 am
will the car recognize the key you program as an admin key or will it be recongized as a clone of a key you already have?

I'm trying to remove the MyKey settings from a 2011 Ford Fusion and I only have one key that I got with the vehicle and the mykey settings got activated somehow. I'm hoping that by adding a 3rd additional key I'll be able to get it to recognize as a individual key that will allow me to remove the mykey from the car.
I added 2 new keys to my truck today. At 1st they would start the truck but not lock or unlock. I then went to the my key option, and programed one of the new keys. Still no lock-unlock, but this key would say "speed limited to 80mph"! So I researched and found the on-off 8X cycle method, this programed the locks. So now I have 3 admin keys and one my key.