How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Share your FORScan experience with other users
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Re: How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

Post by tractmec »

Dburroughs wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:35 am
I used Forscan today to try to add 2 new keys to my 2010 Ranger 4.0l. I bought the new keys off of eBay and they both came with 4D63 80bit transponders according to the seller. I went through the steps and deleted all keys. I went to add the new ones but the anti theft light flashes rapidly with the two new keys, the light is solid with the original key. Are the keys bad? Can I go through the process again and get different results?
If you got a DTC other than B1601, or B10D7:51 (unprogramed but readable key in lock) While reading DTCs with the Ebay Keys in the lock then proceeding with programing was pointless. Solid continuous light with original key means only one key is known to PATS and two keys must be known to enable start.

Also an attempt to add the Ebay keys as spares, if extra key programming was available and enabled, before erasing all keys, could have avoided this unfortunate condition.

Have had too many experiences like this with keys from Ebay! You do get what you pay for! You can try again but I doubt the results will be different!

A thorough read of this topic should be of some help: viewtopic.php?p=60144#p60144
Dburroughs
Vehicle: Ford Ranger 4.0l 2010

Post by Dburroughs »

Thanks for the info. I went to the wrecking yard today and ford two transponder keys out of a Taurus and Mazda 3. I fished the transponders out and fixed it. Thanks!!
aewich
Vehicle: Mazda MX5 1.8 2006

Post by aewich »

I have problem with PATS programming in 2006 Mazda MX5 NC. I have 2 original keys, Forscan 2.3.37beta, extended license

I swapped PCM because of engine swap and now I cannot start a car. There are 2 keys stored in PATS and 2 errors P1260-FF in PCM and B2139-E0 in IC.

erasing PATS keys and programming finishes succesfully but errors are still present and engine does not crank

spare keys programmable option can be set enable or disable

tried to use Module Initialization option but it cycles forever (turn ignition off, wait 15 seconds, turn on and so on). More than 10 cycles, reaches 100% then comes back do 51, reaches 100%, comes back to 51 etc

what is wrong and how to fix it?

regards
Aleksander
R384n3
Vehicle: 2006 focus 1.6 tdci

Post by R384n3 »

Hi there! I bought a 2005 focus 1.6tdci 90hp with no cranking fault. Checked fault codes and it showed immobilizer fault. Then i bought elm327 cable for forscan from fleabay, registered here to get access to pats functions. I can learn both keys to pats module without problems, but initialize fails every time i try it. Checked all the wiring, wich resulted to be good. Tried another immo coil around the ignition lock, tried another instrument cluster, but still the same. I even tried rrefashing ecu with untouched bin but still no success. Could it be a faulty pcm? I already bought another pcm from fleabay, waiting it to arrive atm. Sorry for my bad engish, it's not my primary language.
weldoid
Vehicle: 2019 Ford Raptor

Post by weldoid »

Hello all,

Just wanted to make this post regarding information that was not clear to me (even after reading all 27 pages of this thread and all 8 pages of the related linked thread) when I bought a spare key for my used 2009 Focus here in Arizona that came with only one key physically but still had two original keys stored:

It was not necessary to erase any keys in order to add a third stored key! (and second physical key)

I can understand why you would want to erase keys (so that no one steals your car with the lost key).

I didn't want to erase the keys because I'm not worried that the previous owner is scheming to steal back the car he sold me. Mainly, I didn't want to risk rendering the car inop.

I used a Strattech key purchased from Amazon and got it cut at the hardware store. I simply put the original key in the ignition, turned to "on" position, connected to Forscan, went to "Ignition Key Programming", and followed the prompts (including where it tells you to turn it off, put the new key in, etc.). It said it would take about 12 minutes but took less than 10. Key counter updated to 3 (from 2) after prompted ignition cycle!

Easy. And no anxiety about erasing keys and bricking your vehicle.

Again, just wanted to make this clear since I did not come across this fact clearly even after alot of reading. Maybe my reading comprehension is poor. However, I do now see a sentence in the original post that is a hint: "Just program it as the 3rd key and if it has been programmed successfully and engine runs using this key, you may execute the Erase function."

I hope this post helps at least one person.

Thanks a million Forscan, you are brilliant. This program is a huge time and money saver. I was also able to easily disable the annoying TPMS light via instructions in a thread here on forscan.org!
R384n3
Vehicle: 2006 focus 1.6 tdci

Post by R384n3 »

Got my new ecu yesterday. Installed it, adapted keys to pats, initialized modules and boom, i have a running car now. Big thx to forscan team for this superior software. Definetly considering to buy lifetime licence for it,as i have several cars with similar faults coming.
thekmumm
Vehicle: 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 3.7L

Post by thekmumm »

I have a 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring and all I have is a FOB to start the car. The car does have an ignition switch but you do not need to insert a key for it to start. I bought two replacement keys and had a locksmith cut them. Can I program them using FORScan? I am hesitant as the dealership is 150 miles away. Thanks
corndwg01
Vehicle: Ford, 3.5L, 2018

Post by corndwg01 »

After reading a couple replies back on Page 19, I'm concerned about my situation.

I just bought a 2018 F150 XLT (3 button fob with no push button start)
I only received one key. Tonight I was playing around with the display and (not knowing what it was) set my one and only key as a "MyKey" so now only one Admin key shows up (the key I don't have) and the MyKey.

Will I be able to purchase a new OEM key and get this sorted out and a second key programmed?
Qwarz
Vehicle: Mazda 3 BK 1.6 Z6

Post by Qwarz »

Marin1981 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:22 am
Hi to all. I have one question. I have Mazda 3 2008 and lost one key so I have one. Can I add new key as third without erasing all keys function. Thanks
Hi,
Yes. You can. I have done it on the same Mazda 3 from 2008 where I had only one key.I didn't erase any keys but just added new one using "Ignition Key Programming" option.
ahamedr_forscan
Vehicle: Ford Fusion Hybrid 2011

Post by ahamedr_forscan »

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid.
Bought with only one key.
For almost 3 years had only one key.

Previously bought Forscan to reset battery age. Hybrid is working.

Decided to get a 2nd key to avoid heading to dealer in case something happens to the one working key.

Was not comfortable erasing and programming keys.
After some reading found this thread and followed the instructions.

1) Start forscan, went to PATS programming.
Found 3 keys were already there, but I had only one.

2) Security access took 12 minutes.

3) Then, was prompted to remove working key, insert new key and turn it to ON and hit OK button.

4) Did that and got message that key was programmed successfully.

5) Message prompted to cycle the new key.

6) Key count now increased to 4.

7) Turned the engine and drove the car around fine.

I bought the key from Amazon and had programmed the fob earlier.

The first time I cut the key at Lowes, the key was messed up. After discussing with the Amazon seller, I got a replacement free and this time I cut it from a local locksmith.

My advice is to cut the key from an auto locksmith.

keyadd1.JPG
keyadd1.JPG (48.19 KiB) Viewed 1344 times
keyadd2.JPG
keyadd2.JPG (55.65 KiB) Viewed 1344 times