Regen a transit 3.2

Share your FORScan experience with other users
VTL1192
Vehicle: 2015 FORD TRANSIT 3.2 DIESEL

Regen a transit 3.2

Post by VTL1192 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:30 am

Can i do a forced regen on a transit 3.2 using forscan?

Bez
Vehicle: 2016 Transit 3.2L Diesel

Re: Regen a transit 3.2

Post by Bez » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:17 am

I have same question. Can't see that option anywhere ... maybe I'm missing something??? Please help!

rikki661
Vehicle: ford transit350 2.2 2015

Post by rikki661 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:44 pm

Yes you should be able to what year transit is it

Bez

Post by Bez » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:45 pm

I have a 2016 Transit with 3.2L engine. I use the OBDLink LX model, one without the switch. I only see the option to "reset DPF learned values". No option to manually regen. Do I need to buy the OBD module with a switch for high speed / lo speed? Is regen a low speed function? Or ... I wonder if Ford does not allow software like ForScan to initiate a regen through their computer.

THanks!

denbo
Vehicle: ford focus 16 zetec

Post by denbo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:01 am

It is much safer to do regen on the road. If the soot load is too high, it will not allow a static regen for a reason. At over 600deg c you could burn the van down. The best way is check the ash load. You cannot burn ash. Take the DPF down, clean it or get it cleaned, put it back and do a reset so it thinks a new one is fitted. Then a long run in low gear, high revs.

Bez

Post by Bez » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:44 am

Real time monitoring with ForScan over the last couple thousand miles (on this new-to-me Transit) I discovered that my DPF got regen every 70-100 miles, which is too frequent! A regen cycle takes about 20-25 miles which takes soot level from 100% down to about 24%. I only drive on freeway, at least 2-3 hours each trip, so I know it's not because of city driving that caused this frequent regen.

I've been trying to diagnose what caused this frequent regen. I wanted to remove the DPF and take into a professional cleaning center, but the mechanic I was trying to hire told me he wouldn't touch the bolts that mounted the DPF unit. He said after so much exposure to heat they could break and cause a bigger mess. I tried to clean in-situ with Liqui Moly spray into the DPF, but in order for that to be effective you have to regen the DPF right after spraying the liquid. That's why I'm looking to manually regen with ForScan, but somehow that option does not show up on my computer. It only showed the option to reset DPF learned values, which I am afraid to activate fearing it may cause some other damage.

For those that can perform the manual DPF regen with ForScan I'd like to ask again: Do you need to have the OBD2 module with the hi-lo switch or just the simple single speed OBD2 module will work? And what other conditions do you need in order to see that "DPF regen" option on the screen, like engine temperature, DPF soot level, etc.? Once I tried to do this right after a long trip so I know the engine is up to temperature, but still no DPF regen option appeared on the screen.

Thank you for reading - hope you can help me.