2011 Mondeo - constant DPF regeneration, cannot reset DPF_SOOT_LD

Share your FORScan experience with other users
darekM
Vehicle: Mondeo MK4 2011 TDCi 163HP

Re: 2011 Mondeo - constant DPF regeneration, cannot reset DPF_SOOT_LD

Post by darekM » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:41 pm

Thanks, I'm aware that removing the fuse can be a temporary workaround, but I would prefer to find the root cause of the problem :-)

darekM

Post by darekM » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:45 pm

@Kristian, I have very similar readings of FORscan pids as yourself.
In my case the CATEMP1 goes up to 550-570 while driving around the city, but goes over 600 while on highway.
This weekend I'll try to do a static regen and next week I plan a longer route, so we'll see if DPF_SOOT_LD gets lower after a few hundred kms.

haroon1laghari
Vehicle: ford mondeo 2.0 2012

Post by haroon1laghari » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:22 pm

we all in the same boot anyone find something useful. please share.

KristianC
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo Titanium TDCI 2.0 mk4.5 2011

Post by KristianC » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:28 pm

After Christmas i’ll take the car to the garage again. I can’t live with this problem. But i’ll go to a Ford garage. The garage that I used the first time could not see the DPF_SOOT_LD on their scanner.
Yes lets all keep posting if we find anything. Have a Nice Christmas anyway.

haroon1laghari
Vehicle: ford mondeo 2.0 2012

Post by haroon1laghari » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:06 pm

Last night the soot ld, from 300% start dropping and after reaching 20%, regen stopped (Thank God). And hopes regen should automatically start when soot level reach a certain level not like previously happening.

darekM

Post by darekM » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:51 am

Around 10 days ago my problem solved itself (I guess the magic of Christmas did it's work ;-) ). I didn't do anything special with the car (neither a static regeneration nor going on any trip). The car still showed the same symptoms described in the first post. In a desperation act I've ordered a new pressure sensor hoping that replacing it would solve the problem.
Just before Christmas took the car to the garage to replace the pressure sensor. As I was driving there I've noticed that the car behaves normally. I've thaken a look into FORScan and it showed that tha DPF_SOOT_LD is below 35%! Since then everything seems to work ok. But I have no idea what has caused the problem to disappear.
The only thing I had noticed is related to the EGR_PCT PID. A few weeks back (when the problem still occured) I used FORScan to monitor EGR_PCT and EGR_ERR values for a while (around 30 minutes while driving in town). On the entire route both PIDs showed 0%.
Currently (when there is no problem anymore) the EGR_PCT changes dynamically (a few times a second) while I drive and EGR_ERR sometimes (for a fraction of a second) shows something different than 0%. So I guess the high DPF_SOOT_LD value could be somehow related to EGR.

KristianC
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo Titanium TDCI 2.0 mk4.5 2011

Post by KristianC » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:10 am

I had planned to get the garage to look at mine constant regen today. But like all of you, my problem magically disappered a couple days ago. My SOOT_LD % went from 300 to around 60% and the constant regen stopped.
I had some other issues so the car is still going to the garage (Oil contaminated + some circuit open + horn not working :shock: )
But they also looked amazed when I told them that the regen problem was no more...