DPF Mondeo Mk4 2.0 TDCi - P2463 & P2456

Share your FORScan experience with other users
gladrags2225
Vehicle: Mondeo Mk4 2.0 TDCi 2011

DPF Mondeo Mk4 2.0 TDCi - P2463 & P2456

Post by gladrags2225 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:40 pm

Hello

I am new to this forum and ForScan so please excuse me if I don't use the correct terminology.

I have a 2011 Mondeo Mk4 2.0 TDCi. I bought it four months ago.

Recently it stated an engine malfunction (althought without the EML). The car went into limp mode, but the following morning there were no problems, driving normally. I connected a basic scanner and got just P2463. The car would then give occasional engine malfunctions but never with the EML light.

I have now bought an EML OBD II and connected to ForScan. The fault codes were P2463(soot accumulation) and P2456 (DPF pressure sensor circuit erratic/intermittent) . The EML light is now erratically on and off. I have been able to clear the fault codes and am considering doing a forced regeneration. I have a couple of questions:

(1) Are these fault codes symptomatic of a particular issue. I have read it might be one of the sensor, the fuel vapouriser, the connecting hoses or the dpf itself. Has anyone got experience of which of these is more likely or perhaps is there something on Forscan I can use to either eliminate or isolate one of these issues?

(2) Could attempting a DPF forced regen do any damage? And what readings should I take before and after to check its effect.

Many thanks for any help,

Graham