what does “air_mode_dpos,%” mean?

Share your FORScan experience with other users
bigTvik
Vehicle: 2011 Ford Explore XLT 3.5L TI-VCT

what does “air_mode_dpos,%” mean?

Post by bigTvik » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:17 pm

iam trouble shooting the a/c on my 2011 ford explorer with dual climate control. when checking live data in the hvac system , the sensor data box called “air_mode_dpos,%” reads “error”. can anyone tell me what this means? is it for one of the air mode actuators or blend doors?

wmourajr
Vehicle: 2014 Ford Escape Titanium

Re: what does “air_mode_dpos,%” mean?

Post by wmourajr » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:35 pm

Hello!
I'm having the same issue!
But on RECIRC_DPOS...
Hey bigTvik, did you found out what is the problem?
Any one could help?

denbo
Vehicle: ford focus 16 zetec

Post by denbo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:08 am

I,m sure its the sensor "down position" in percentage. The voltage is measured in %. So if one of the blend doors is stuck or not working. it will throw a fault code.

Krazykatz911
Vehicle: 2019 Ford Edge and F250

Post by Krazykatz911 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:50 pm

Anyone ever figure this out? Mine shows error too. Brand new truck. Seems like it’s working but error

tractmec
Vehicle: Ford F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expedition 5.4 2003

Post by tractmec » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:25 am

Hello Guys

That refers to the air mode door (Upper level vents, heater and Defrost or Heater A/C Air temp blend door) open or closed position of its stepper motors in number of steps from a known starting point given in a percent open to close. Sensors would work the same way on vacume operated doors as well. The recirculation door works the same way Example number of steps to outside air open or recirculating inside air in % open to close.

Door could be stuck or not moving through complete range or the sensor is loose or faulty the motor unit has gear teeth missing ( happened on my Expys rear heater mode door and sensor is incorporated in the unit) or the EHVAC Control module is out of configuration and not reading the steps correctly.

May need to do some disassembly work to find out which!

The new Truck should go back to dealer for warranty work!