Focus ST250 crash mode

Share your FORScan experience with other users
zex24
Vehicle: Ford Focus ST 250, 2.0 petrol, 2012

Focus ST250 crash mode

Post by zex24 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:19 pm

I have a problem while driving my ST250 on a track (track day). When I start driving a bit more aggressively, sometimes the car goes in to "Crash Mode" (displayed on the screen). All 4 turn lights start blinking (hazard lights), engine stops responding to throttle, revs go down to slowly stop the engine. After that I have to turn off the dash board and simulate exit of the car to be able to start the car again.

I looked at the faults after this and there was a fault lost communication with LPFP module and LPFP pressure low, like it tried to cut the fuel because it thought that I am having a crash.

How can I diagnose what is causing this Crash mode? It really is annoying when driving on the track :x
Does anyone have idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

f-wolf
Vehicle: Ford XR6 Turbo BA MK II 6 Speed Manual

Re: Focus ST250 crash mode

Post by f-wolf » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:17 pm

??
Attachments
wink1p.gif
wink1p.gif (23.87 KiB) Viewed 142 times
Last edited by f-wolf on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

zex24
Vehicle: Ford Focus ST 250, 2.0 petrol, 2012

Re: Focus ST250 crash mode

Post by zex24 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:54 am

Hi,

If that was the case, I would have a drop in pressure after HPFP and I don't have it (I can see it in datalog). I don't have problems in straight line. When it happens It happens in the curves on the track because I can't drive like that on the road.

Filters and oil are changed far more often that they should be :)

The fuel pump would be last to replace for power upgrade as it can flow more than all other parts in that line (hpfp and injectors).
I have a hybrid turbo and other needed modifications to make arround 320hp at the crank shaft.

At the end why would drop in fuel pressure come as a Crash mode fault?