Fusion 2016 “Blindspot system fault”

Share your FORScan experience with other users
Fordfusion0016
Vehicle: Fusion,1.5,2016

Fusion 2016 “Blindspot system fault”

Post by Fordfusion0016 » Thu May 31, 2018 1:41 pm

Hi ,

My Ford Fusion 2016 have the right side “ Blindspot system fault and cross traffic system fault “ message ON, on my dashboard.

After taking it to the ford repair, it turned out that the right side sensor “ Ds7t-14c689-ec“ need replacing which is too expensive to replace !

I wonder if I could just disable the right side Blindspot system and cross traffic system using FORScan.

My left side Blindspot system and cross traffic system is working fine.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Best regards

Vladsky
Vehicle: '15 3.5L Eco-Borscht - 409 rwhp, 526 rwtq

Re: Fusion 2016 “Blindspot system fault”

Post by Vladsky » Thu May 31, 2018 2:15 pm

Fordfusion0016 wrote:Hi ,

My Ford Fusion 2016 have the right side “ Blindspot system fault and cross traffic system fault “ message ON, on my dashboard.

After taking it to the ford repair, it turned out that the right side sensor “ Ds7t-14c689-ec“ need replacing which is too expensive to replace !

I wonder if I could just disable the right side Blindspot system and cross traffic system using FORScan.

My left side Blindspot system and cross traffic system is working fine.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Best regards
Howdy;

Nope - it's either all or nothing.

Yer basic warranty is 3 years - isn't this supposed to be covered?

Failing that - try an auto recycler, or an online parts source like Tasca, White Bear Lake, etc.

Lastly - before you decide to take the cheap route and not fix it, just keep in mind that if a fully working BLIS/CTA system saves you JUST ONCE - it's more than paid for itself. Da?

Salut
Vlad

Fordfusion0016

Post by Fordfusion0016 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:28 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for your advice I totally agree with you that I should get it fixed. The car has no warranty left As it has been imported to my country from the US.

Currently this part is not available where I live therefore I would like to disable it temporarily if possible until I get the sensor delivered to my country where I live.

Any help with temporary disabling it using ForScan will be much appreciated.

Best wishes

Vladsky
Vehicle: '15 3.5L Eco-Borscht - 409 rwhp, 526 rwtq

Post by Vladsky » Thu May 31, 2018 2:48 pm

Fordfusion0016 wrote:Hi,

Many thanks for your advice I totally agree with you that I should get it fixed. The car has no warranty left As it has been imported to my country from the US.

Currently this part is not available where I live therefore I would like to disable it temporarily if possible until I get the sensor delivered to my country where I live.

Any help with temporary disabling it using ForScan will be much appreciated.

Best wishes
Howdy;

Ok - you didn't say where you were from.

To disable - you can try to look at model-related info linked within here: http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4393

Salut
Vlad

Fordfusion0016

Post by Fordfusion0016 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:29 pm

Hi
I currently live in Iraq and its difficult to get hold of this sensor therefore I really want to disable this future on my car.
I have used ForScan and accessed the IPC Module but don’t know which one is related to the BlindSpot sensor.

any help or advice will be highly appreciated.
Best regards