2006 Explorer with Powertrain Malfunction Indicator

Share your FORScan experience with other users
se9303
Vehicle: Ford Explorer 4.0L 2006

Re: 2006 Explorer with Powertrain Malfunction Indicator

Post by se9303 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:41 am

sheltonfilms wrote:Should but there is a line I'm seeing in the service manual that concerns me (hold off for right now until you can answer the questions below):

NOTE
NOTE: If the IC is installed new, updated, or re-configured, the IC requires a parameter reset to allow the IC and the PCM to recognize the Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) keys. Failure to carry out the parameter reset to theInstrument Cluster (IC) may result in a no start condition.

I'm worried that you may have to re-program your keys.

Here is whats crazy. According to Ford your PATS system requires 2 keys to be present to do a reprogramming. How did they only program 1 key?

Have you tried your 2nd key? Did the shop ever have possession of the 2nd key?

See if there is a PID for amount of keys programmed in the ICM module. Does it say 1 or 2?

My bad i actually thought they had orogrammed just 1 key but they programmed both of them

As soon as i get home i will connect ForScan and check for the amount of keys

I will not make any data changes until you confirm

sheltonfilms
Vehicle: 2000 Ford Ranger 2.5L Gas USA / 2013 Explorer LMT

Post by sheltonfilms » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:45 am

Ok so that's good. Means both keys work.

That line again has me concerned. I really don't think it would cause an issue with the keys unless the VIN portion is tampered with.

Good thing is you have both keys and forscan can reprogram them if something happens during the process.

I can send the Forscan team a message but it may take a few days for them to look at this thread and respond.

If it was me I would go for it, but that's just me.

se9303
Vehicle: Ford Explorer 4.0L 2006

Post by se9303 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:10 am

Well thanks to forum member “Sheltonfilms”, this problem has been fully corrected. The “wrench” icon is gone and the “park aid” option no longer appears anywhere. My vehicles options settings have been restored to their “as built” configuration by adding the factory data to line 720-01-01 of the IC, which replaced the options settings that were set by the stored VIN number of the instrument cluster i purchased. Upon adding the “as built” data this reset the parameters and got everything working as it should

The Forscan is great indeed and with it and the help of Sheltonfilms, this would not have been possible

Thank you so very much!!!!

Regards,
Mark

Options settings parameter reset

Tosiek1982
Vehicle: ford explorer 2006 4.0 212km

Post by Tosiek1982 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:24 am

i have the same problem my vin is 1fmeu73e06ub17858 and same code b2276-60 can sombody help?