Ba falcon pcm and Bem replacement

Share your FORScan experience with other users
Mayswah
Vehicle: Ba xr6 turbo 2003

Ba falcon pcm and Bem replacement

Post by Mayswah » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:06 pm

G’day guys,

So it seems that my pcm has had it, - and my Bem is also causing a constant door ajar for the front passenger door, is there any issues with replacing the pcm and Bem at the same time, with parts probably from different vehicles? If I get the extended license will I be able to get the pcm and Bek to do the magic hand shake?

Cheers mayswah

FORScan
Site Admin

Re: Ba falcon pcm and Bem replacement

Post by FORScan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:35 am

Yes, FORScan supports this function for your car. In case of BEM or BEM+PCM are changed, you need to run PATS Programming->Erase and Program keys function

Mayswah

Post by Mayswah » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:36 am

Great thanks guys

Sam1112
Vehicle: [AUS] Ford Fairmont Ghia [BA Mk2] [4L Straight 6]

Post by Sam1112 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:54 am

Mayswah wrote:G’day guys,

So it seems that my pcm has had it, - and my Bem is also causing a constant door ajar for the front passenger door, is there any issues with replacing the pcm and Bem at the same time, with parts probably from different vehicles? If I get the extended license will I be able to get the pcm and Bek to do the magic hand shake?

Cheers mayswah
If your car is a Turbo like it says on your profile, you just have to make sure you get another PCM from a car with the same engine and transmission, which can be a bit more expensive than a standard 6 PCM, but they are different, so don't waste your money on a cheaper N/A 6 one or one thats from a car with a different trans to yours.

The BEM on the other hand can be a mix and match from any BA/BF or SX/SY Territory, so long as it is the same colour or higher (if you get a cream coloured one, they are the high series ones and should work with all models, the red or blue ones are for lower models and should only be used if you already have one of that colour in your car)

Mayswah

Post by Mayswah » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:41 am

G'day guys,

Thank for all the details.

Well, I got the replacement BEM and PCM the other day and installed both,

good news is that the car now locks for the first time in 18 months, and I now have two keys that will start the car.

Bad news is though,

I got the same PCM model ABU-214 on ebay, from a BA XR6 Turbo 4 speed auto - so like for like, did the whole PATS thing and it starts up, but, the speedo does not work - either on the dash or using the various modes on the oscilioscope on forscan. And as a result of this it kicks straight back into limp home mode.

I put the original one back in and the speedo and oscilioscope speed measure both work fine.

So, either the PCM that I received has had it or...... from what ive read if the ABS is different or the donor vehicle did not have traction control then the speedo/pcm will be confused and not work.

As I said they are both ABU214, but the original one is 3R23-12A650-HF and the new one is 3R23-12A650-HG.

Any thoughts/feedback/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mayswah

Does any one know of a way to clone the original PCM data and put onto the new one?

Sam1112

Post by Sam1112 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:55 pm

The 3R23-12A650-HF and the 3R23-12A650-HG, the HF and HG is just the software revision, which generally does not matter as if your car has ever been serviced at a Ford Dealer they should automatically just flash the new software one anyway.

I would check that when you replaced the the BEM, make sure the ICC Connector plug is also locked in properly, I had it where someones did not lock the ICC Plug all the way out(The One in the Dash) before replacing the ICC Unit and when I started the car there was issues with things like the cluster and such. (But not always, sometimes they would come and go, might be good one minute, bad the next, fine for a week, then suddenly bad for a couple days until I got the connector done right) found out mine was the previous owner taking out the ICC to get his jammed CD's out right before I picked the car up.

Otherwise it could be possible that Issue is with the speed sensors/ABS , perhaps for example, if you car is a ute and the PCM was from a Sedan, or vice versa, it might have a different setting for the Sensors/Traction Control and need a program changing, anyone with a Ford VCM should be able to reprogram it, I have a VCM Clone tool which can be a bit hit and miss with these things, so I don't want to waste your time with mine if it might not work, First thoughts for me are that the vehicle speed is sent over the CanBus lines so if your cluster has issues it could be that the ICC Plug is not properly connected, otherwise if that is all good, check the vehicle for DTC's to make sure the PCM is not throwing any about being faulty either.

jjwistler
Vehicle: ba ford wagon 2002, 6 cylinder petrol 4.0 ltr

Post by jjwistler » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:57 pm

hi,
I am trying to use FORscan to update the code for the ICC i have just upgraded in my Ford Falcon XT wagon 2002.
the first errer i get is "car not recognized, please contact developers".
on one of the discussion threads i have seen FORscan support say to download the licence key for full software.
when i download the .key file and click on it, windows asks me which program i want to run the file in.
i searched and found regedit and told windows to use that program, but windows is not allowing it.
I am running an elm327-usb adapter, and just wanting to recode my new ICC i have installed to the existing BEM i kept with current car.
cheers justin

f-wolf
Vehicle: *** Ford ***

Post by f-wolf » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:57 am

You may have a problem...

OBD2 started with the BA ... 2003 !

OBDII Compatibility List

The tables on this page represent lists of OBD2 cars in Australia that are compatible with the OBD standard EOBD or OBDII protocols.

If your car is on the list, this means you can choose any OBD2 scan tool.

https://www.fueleconomysolutions.com.au ... australia/

Sam1112

Post by Sam1112 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:53 am

Being a Falcon XT Wagon, and also talking about having an ICC unit he would have a July to December model 2002 BA, which does have OBD Support, the BA is just called a 2003 Model Year even though there is production models getting around that were built as early as July 02. I had one that was a December 2002 BA and the ICC recode worked fine in that car and had no trouble connecting to the vehicle.

To load the Licence Key, open Forscan, and click on the Steering Wheel Icon on the left panel, then there is a button that says 'Load License Key' then you select the .key file you downloaded.

Perhaps you will need to write down the code from the sticker of your ECU and post it here, if it is an early model or a perhaps a different variation of the ECU the Forscan team may need to add it to their database for the software to recognize it as a Falcon.

If you are in Melbourne and really get stuck with it, I might be able to help with my Ford VCM Clone, it could also be possible that your ELM was not connected to the OBD port properly and it could not read your car because of that.

Edit: Looking at that list of the vehicles posted above, that website is sooo wrong with a lot of those years listed. I would just ignore that altogether.

Mayswah

Post by Mayswah » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:50 pm

G'day guys,

well i dropped the XR6T and replacement PCM up to Ford yesterday for the install/calibration and got a call about three hours later saying it was good to.

Went and picked it up and it was running like a dream, no limp home mode and speedo working and everything! bloody ripper!

I was quoted $286 but they got it done quicker and it only cost $170! even better!, would have been alot more if I hadnt of created the second key using FORSCAN!

Massive thanks to F-Wolf and Sam1112 for their help along the way, cheers lads.

Good outcome, happy new year!