Tyre monitor malfunction

Share your FORScan experience with other users
Post Reply
Otík
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:42 am
Vehicle: Ford Galaxy 2.2 TDCi Ghia, 2008
Location: Czech Rep.

Tyre monitor malfunction

Post by Otík » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:18 am

Hallo,

Last Friday I was playing with FORScan together with ELM 327 wifi obd II connector - some chinnese clone.
One of procedures I made was testing PCM. Test was fine but since that time I have a warning message "Tyre monitor malfunction". Although this message TPMS is normaly working and the pressurere values are correct.

Can you please help me how to solve this issue. I ordered original FORDIAG USB cable. Maybe this can offer me more posibilities.

mario_ili
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:38 am
Vehicle: Ford S-Max,2.0TDCi,2008

Re: Tyre monitor malfunction

Post by mario_ili » Fri May 25, 2018 7:35 am

Just as he describes. I have the same problem since today! Did you fix the mistake?

Otík
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:42 am
Vehicle: Ford Galaxy 2.2 TDCi Ghia, 2008
Location: Czech Rep.

Re: Tyre monitor malfunction

Post by Otík » Fri May 25, 2018 8:17 am

Yes, I have fixed it. I did reset of the modul controling the TPMS and since that this it is fine. Realised by Fordiag + FORScan through USB cable.

GalaxSTy
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 10:23 am
Vehicle: Galaxy Titanium, 2.2TDCi 175, 2008

Re: Tyre monitor malfunction

Post by GalaxSTy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:58 pm

In case it of use to anyone else searching for a solution:
I had a similar issue for the last 2 years. tyre pressures all showing correctly but a 'type pressure monitor system error' message.

Two tyre shops and an independant garage weren't able to fix it. Even the Ford Delaer was incapable of clearing it. I was finally able clear it by hooking up Forscan (windows app to my bluetooth ODBII adapter and doing a self test on the BCMii (Body Control Module). There was no seperate TPMS(Type Pressure Monitoring System) showing in Forscan on my 2008 Galaxy Titanium (2.2 TDCi). After the test it strangely reported a headlight malfunction until I turn the ignition off and back on again. After that no errors reported and everything working as it should.

Post Reply