Re: Ford Focus MK3 "reset all adaptation" function

Post by Sagenut » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:53 am

Hi everyone.
I would like to put Your attention about 4 PIDS:
INJ_LRN_C1
INJ_LRN_C2
INJ_LRN_C3
INJ_LRN_C4
On a good condition engine it came out that these 4 values were at "7".
Could it be that these 4 PIDS are the famous ones used by Ford Technician to verify when the Injector Learn Procedure is complete for every Injectors?
Sorry if I am writing an already known news.

mtn1905
Vehicle: Ford Focus Mk3

Post by mtn1905 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:42 am

Sagenut wrote:Hi everyone.
INJ_LRN_C1
INJ_LRN_C2
INJ_LRN_C3
INJ_LRN_C4
Could it be that these 4 PIDS are the famous ones used by Ford Technician to verify when the Injector Learn Procedure is complete for every Injectors?
How did you see these values? In which menü should i look into?

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:09 am

Sagenut wrote:Hi everyone.
INJ_LRN_C1
INJ_LRN_C2
INJ_LRN_C3
INJ_LRN_C4
Absolutely. It looks like these are exactly the PIDs that have to be used in order to track the injector learning. It seems they change in range 0...7, where 7 means that the learning is complete. Because of a bug is FORScan , these PIDs are not available in v2.3.3 and earlier. The fix will be available in v2.3.4 official release. For now, everyone can use this test build to read these PIDs:

http://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetu ... 092016.exe

The issue is also actual for other vehicles with the same engine (1.5/1.6 TDCi) - Mondeo Mk4, Galaxy/S-Max, Transit Connect.
Attachments
FF3_1.6_TDCi_inj_learning.jpg
FF3_1.6_TDCi_inj_learning.jpg (117.28 KiB) Viewed 13109 times

mayak
Vehicle: Ford S-Max 2.0tdci

Post by mayak » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:31 am

great news!

Tracking injector learning (from 0 to 7) is exactly what I meant :)

Spasiba ;)

scott3823
Vehicle: Focus 1.6 TDCI 115 2012

Post by scott3823 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:52 pm

I have previously run the reset all learned values on the injection system that left me with the error code P02CD:00-68 - Cylinder 1 Fuel Injector Offset Learning at Max Limit. I have now run the Reset pilot injection quantity learned vales setting and driven the car for 30 minutes or so going up and down the revs. I have run these options due to pretty bad MPG's of low 40's.
I can't find the INJ_LRN_C codes in Forscan and I am using the test software that this page links to. Am I missing anything? I am looking at the PCM module but have checked in all modules.

mayak
Vehicle: Ford S-Max 2.0tdci

Post by mayak » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:39 pm

checked - tracking injector learning works fine
thanks!

scott3823
Vehicle: Focus 1.6 TDCI 115 2012

Post by scott3823 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:16 am

Hello Mayak,

I have checked again and I definitely cannot find this option. I would like to know if I am looking in the wrong place for this so can you tell me exactly where this is in the application please?

I am currently using Forscan to investigate some very poor MPG figures on my car and this option could be very useful.

Thanks

mpack
Vehicle: Ford Focus MK3 1.6 diesel 2011

Post by mpack » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:31 am

I had a strong rattle when accelerating after doing the "Reset pilot injection quantity learned values" procedure. I drove the car in the highway with the cable connected and forscan running for half an hour controlling the parameters, INJ_LRN_C1 to INJ_LRN_C4, which all got from 0 to 7 without problems, accelerating up to 2500 rpm and then allowing it to come back to 1500 rpm on it's own without touching any pedal. Still had that rattle when accelerating, not as bad as after the reset but still was there. So I decided to pay a visit to Ford's official dealership here in Portugal. Fortunately I was able to speak to the mechanic upon arrival and he immediately offered himself to go for a ride with me in the car. Funny thing, he started to explain me the learning process of the injectors (I've never confessed what I've done), but said that I should go up to 3000 rpm and allow it to come down on it's own to 1000 rpm without touching anything. I've asked him what gear would be best to do it, and he said the 2nd would be fine, although most of the process has been done on the 3rd gear. Noise is gone now or at least that I find not normal. After driving two days with that rattling, I think my ears have already started to look for any little noise, but I think it's OK now.
Apparently the learning process is an ongoing process that never ends, so if your car is doing injection noises, it will get better over time by doing the procedure even after all injector values are on 7.
Another thing, I still get from time to time the DTC "Code: P02D3 - Cylinder x Fuel Injector Offset Learning at Max Limit", but I think this has to do with a high number of learning cycles being discarded. When this happens the values on "PICL_INC_C1" to "PICL_INC_C4" are usually up to crazy values (sometimes between 250 and 500). Sometimes they get cleaned and down to zero again, sometimes they don't and I don't quite understand how this is done. Like I said before, looks like the learning cycle is a continuous process and you'll always have discarded cycles.

teemui
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo, 2.0 TDDI Duratorq, 85kw, 2001

Post by teemui » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:19 am

Can the reset all adaptations be made on my Mondeo -01 Mk3 2,0 Duratorq ? I have this weird rattle and would like to see if it helps, I bought the car used and I dont think it's never been reset. 290000km on the odo now.

fred08155
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo Turnier TDCI 96kW 2002

Post by fred08155 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:36 pm

Unfortunately there is no such function for that model. However you can unplug car battery for a while to reset all learned values.