Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Share your FORScan experience with other users
Daone2021
Vehicle: 2006 Ford Explorer 4.0L

Re: Backup camera calib error B115E:08-48

Post by Daone2021 »

Just to let anyone know. YOU MUST INSTALL AN OEM FORD CAMERA. If you buy cheap chinese cameras, dorman, amazon, ebay... You will have the image upside down. Very common when you use those cheap cameras. If it's OEM, it should cost at least $300+ USD. Once calibration is complete, everything should work. Buy from dealer, NOT ONLINE. Have yet to have to a problem. Also, if you did this and still have problems. Have someone who has IDS or FJDS, Autel, Snap-on etc and see if they can do the process with their tool. I just did a BCM new from ford yesterday and Forscan had options IDS didn't to reset Body after programming with FJDS. I purchased Forscan because it's an amazing tool and can save me some bucks by doing As Built Data. Good Luck Everyone!
Rolfecat
Vehicle: Ford Mustang, 2.3 Ecoboost, 2016

Post by Rolfecat »

Hi,

This is a cut and paste from my post on a similar thread.

Having had the same issue as everyone on here I was finally able to get my lines back this evening.

I got my replacement camera from a Ford dealer.

I'm running the FORScan V2.3.35 beta software.
On the left hand side of the App select the Spanner/Wrench icon - Service Functions
At top select - Service Procedures
On the list select - BdyCM Module Reset
Hit the Play/Start button at the bottom
Follow the prompts

I hope this works for everyone else as I know how frustrating this problem is!

PS. This is just a suggestion which worked for me and only do it for yourself if you're confident you know what you're doing. I have a Mustang and the cable in the trunk is notorious for breaking so I went to Home Depot, bought some connectors and installed an ethernet cable in its place. The process took me about 1.5 hours but if/when it breaks again all I have to do is buy a $5 cable from Walmart and plug it in.
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Post by Ecmbuster »

1) Good luck with aftermarket cameras.
2) Dealer equipment is required to align the camera with body control.
3) ADAS equipment is required (visual display) to calibrate the camera and save the calibrations to the body control.
4) Depending on year, make and model, there may be a Ford recall but believe it's related to newer models.
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!
tonyjw
Vehicle: ford explorerv6

Post by tonyjw »

Not true on a aftermarket camera not working!
The first purchase from eBay the camera view was upside down! Second purchase bingo the aftermarket camera worked just like the original OEM with mods or calibration was not needed
dave9
Vehicle: Ford Explorer 4.0L SOHC 1998

Post by dave9 »

tonyjw wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:12 pm
Not true on a aftermarket camera not working!
The first purchase from eBay the camera view was upside down! Second purchase bingo the aftermarket camera worked just like the original OEM with mods or calibration was not needed
Did I miss it or did you not link to the listing for this working 2nd camera? Thanks!