PID & DPF regeneration

Share your FORScan experience with other users
carlus
Vehicle: MAZDA CX7 MZR CD 2.2 2010

PID & DPF regeneration

Post by carlus » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:45 pm

Hi

I have a Mazda CX7 Diesel MZR-CD 2.2. I wonder if it is possible to know exactly, through one or more PIDS, if possible to know when the engine is making a DPF regeneration.

What are the PIDS or PID to determine that the car is making a DPF regeneration?

Thank you very much.
MAZDA cx7 diesel

FORScan
Site Admin

Re: PID & DPF regeneration

Post by FORScan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:43 am

There are no special PIDs for automated regeneration. There are some ones, as we discussed with you here: http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=317, but as mentioned at that forum, we don't think they can be used for automated regeneration. As far as we understand, there is no other way except monitor regular PIDs and try to find a pattern. There is good article on this forum about automated regenerations:

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=247

hiej
Vehicle: 2010 Mazda 3 - 2.2d 136KW

Post by hiej » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:40 am

After reading workshop manual of my my 2010 Mazda3 equiped with R2 engine, Ive done monitoring.

Monitoring the "DPF Automatic regeneration Reqest" PID (not sure about the name in english) I've seen that the 1st byte response is egual to "02" during regeneration, and egual to "00" when regeneration is not active.
The other 3 response bytes are egual to 00 during and not during regenaration (maybe it's purpose is to report errors).

So maybe is possible to use "DPF Automatic regeneration Required" PID response to know if regeration is running or not.
This method seems to works right on 2010 Mazda 3, but not sure if applicable to the other models equipped with the same engine.

carlus
Vehicle: MAZDA CX7 MZR CD 2.2 2010

Post by carlus » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:12 pm

hiej wrote:After reading workshop manual of my my 2010 Mazda3 equiped with R2 engine, Ive done monitoring.

Monitoring the "DPF Automatic regeneration Reqest" PID (not sure about the name in english) I've seen that the 1st byte response is egual to "02" during regeneration, and egual to "00" when regeneration is not active.
The other 3 response bytes are egual to 00 during and not during regenaration (maybe it's purpose is to report errors).

So maybe is possible to use "DPF Automatic regeneration Required" PID response to know if regeration is running or not.
This method seems to works right on 2010 Mazda 3, but not sure if applicable to the other models equipped with the same engine.
applause!!!!

can develop in forscan, the method explained hiej so we can know when it is really causing a regeneration of the dpf?

Thanks hiej!!!
MAZDA cx7 diesel

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:11 am

Yes, FORScan supports the REG_REQ_A (Automated regeneration request) for certain models of Mazda. So our previous statement that there are no such PIDs for Mazda seems to be wrong - it seems we missed this PID that time, sorry. This PIDs say On when the automated regeneration is requested (1st byte is 02, as you stated above) and Off in all the rest cases. In other words, you can use this PID and track the automated regeneration using it. If so, we don't quite understand what else should be done? This PID already works.