Ford Explorer 1999 ABS service bleeding

Share your FORScan experience with other users
soulpatrol
Vehicle: Ford Explorer 1999 SOHC

Ford Explorer 1999 ABS service bleeding

Post by soulpatrol » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi there,

does Forscan already got the function "ABS bleeding" for a 1999 Ford Explorer 1999 4.0 SOHC 4x4. I had after a brakeservice (calipers, etc.) probably air in the abs-module.

Thanks

Soul

deadpool47
Vehicle: Explorer, OHV 4.0l, 2000

Re: Ford Explorer 1999 ABS service bleeding

Post by deadpool47 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:25 pm

Yes, I will Necro this post because I want to know this as well.

Vladsky
Vehicle: '15 3.5L Eco-Borscht - 409 rwhp, 526 rwtq

Post by Vladsky » Tue May 29, 2018 11:51 pm

deadpool47 wrote:Yes, I will Necro this post because I want to know this as well.
Howdy;

Well - you can always just sit there, waiting to be 'fed' - and likely wait another year with no responses - just like the feller above you.... :lol:

OR - you could actually do some work and be a tad proactive:

1. Buy a good recommended adapter, download the latest FREE Windows version of the tool, and acquire an also-FREE Extended license. Then fire up Forscan and check to see if yer year & model-specific ABS service procedure is there.

2. Search the Release Notes of the versions of Forscan fer yer specific Model years' Service procedures.

2a. Use the forum's Search facility to see if someone had already done this. (You can also use Google to search within a site).

3. IF no joy from the above, READ this: http://forscan.org/faq.html#qgen4. Then - Email / PM the Devs and ask them POLITELY to include it in a future release. http://forscan.org/contactus.html

My money's on ye sittin' on yer ass waitin' to be spoonfed. Reckon it seems to be the norm around here.

Go ahead. Prove me wrong. Or right. :mrgreen:

Salut
Vlad

deadpool47
Vehicle: Explorer, OHV 4.0l, 2000

Post by deadpool47 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:20 pm

Vladsky wrote:My money's on ye sittin' on yer ass waitin' to be spoonfed. Reckon it seems to be the norm around here.
Considering every time they add a function you have to go through 20 pages of disjointed functions by beta update and you have to have the EXACT wording to find it with the find on page search because the forum search engine works for crap? Yeah, I do expect either the devs or at least the "proven right" board members to know this already. Proactive? What do I have to do, put the documentation in order for the devs for them?

The last I checked, if you're not into car repair or software at the expert level, yes, you HAVE to spoon feed people. Otherwise you have a crap product and isn't worth time to deal with, free or not.

You're a real peach, pal. I'll send you a Christmas card.